Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Good Point, Well Made by John Rogers6/12/2015 09:40Sun Dec 6 09:40:10 2015view thread

Excellent management trait

By rwakeley3/12/2015 13:10Thu Dec 3 13:10:32 2015

Views: 2991

Recognised things ain't right and moved on personnel. You don't need esp to acknowledge we have a problem up front. Fans comments on Monday endorsed comparisons with opportunities missed at Kingsmeadow - nothing has improved and regrettably there was not much prospect on the horizon.
Leon questioned his involvement from the end of the last season and Azza, I hate to say it looked lost. But hey, thanks to both these guy's for their contribution - and to be fair they have done their bit.
I presume the management have a marksmen or two lined-up. How they would gel with Kezie remains to be seen.
I've had a problem with Azza in his role in midfield, at Canvey it looked odd, and for me as featured strongly in un-balancing the midfield. He wasn't an Anthony Thomas impact type. Square pegs, round holes and all that.
All squads have to evolve and this is if anything overdue. Everybody can see this and the management have taken the required steps.
Onwards and upwards.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Excellent management trait

By nw23/12/2015 15:59Thu Dec 3 15:59:43 2015In response to Excellent management traitTop of thread

Views: 2946

Peculiar to see these two released, especially Aaron Morgan who technically and creatively has been our best player for the last 12 months.

The only really bright spark in a dismal season. Will be interesting to see who is lined up to replace them and where Aaron ends up next. Would like to thank both players for their efforts over the last couple of seasons.

Clearly something not right at the club at the moment, decent creative players continue to depart (O Leary, Morgan, Smith) whilst we continue to persist with others who simply aren?t good enough.

Defensively we have been weak all season and in midfield creative players are sadly lacking , so an odd one to get rid of your most offensive players!

We shall see? seem to be stumbling around from one week to the next at the moment.

By Deadman3/12/2015 18:38Thu Dec 3 18:38:25 2015In response to Re: Excellent management traitTop of thread

Views: 2900

It does appear odd but time will tell.

it's a great shame Aaron won't get to play for us regularly on the 4G at SJP. He's looked supetb on that surface v Corinthian Casuals and Cray PM.

Fond memories of both players. Especially of Aaron's great shot to equalise v Tooting in the LSC Final last season.

By John Rogers3/12/2015 22:07Thu Dec 3 22:07:06 2015In response to Re: Excellent management traitTop of thread

Views: 2968

Both have contributed loads to the club and leave me with nothing but fond memories. Not only half decent strikers at this level, but really nice blokes as well. Wherever they end up, I wish them well.

I'm not altogether surprised with Leon moving on, playing time for him looked limited with the addition (albeit temporarily) of Pattie. Morgan's departure really took me aback though. One of two bright points this season (along with Short), our most dangerous attacking threat gone.

Remains to be seen how this all pans out in the next couple of weeks. What is abundantly clear to me now is that it is time for some others to step up to the plate and put in some massive shifts.

By Paul Butler (buts1690)3/12/2015 23:21Thu Dec 3 23:21:13 2015In response to Re: Excellent management traitTop of thread

Views: 2905

Gutted but not surprised to lose Leon, think he was under used by Gary and in a front two with Kezie was our best forward option.

Aaron for the most part this season has been below par, not to mention his three red cards in the not too distant past. Absolute racing certainty that he scores a hat trick for Wingate on Jan 2nd, and they will have a few away fans for a change seeing as they'll pay sod all, just hope they aren't let into the bar to cause trouble this time around.

Surprised to see Capela leave as well, he looked lively and a threat from what I've seen, certainly looked better than Pattie.

Struggle to see where we're gonna get goals from unless we sign some quality.

By rwakeley4/12/2015 01:11Fri Dec 4 01:11:46 2015In response to Re: Excellent management traitTop of thread

Views: 2910

Not the anedote i expected.
Just got back in from the pub and read that. Interesting development.
Disgruntled players jump ship - or pushed - either way we have to accommodate the reality.
I think it is pretty obvious I would prefer culling the herd!
I personally thought, incorrectly so, that the letting of some may allow for others to financially balance things but it would appear they may have undertook to the initiative.
Either way fine - we need a replacement marksman.
These things happen for a reason and can be difficult to absorb but can also be a blessing in disguise.
We need to focus on our primary objective which is far greater in the grand scheme of things and is still well within the capabilities of our present. let alone our future resources.

By Rainham don4/12/2015 10:21Fri Dec 4 10:21:22 2015In response to Re: Excellent management traitTop of thread

Views: 2907

Perhaps we should have played Aaron at centre forward and given Leon more game time.we have now lost 2 pretty good strikers and in my opinion a fair few goals.not sure our record of loaning football league players is that great.not sure where this season is headed just hope the management team can come up with something hopefully our fighting spirit from last season will help us out.Saturday will be a real test as Bognor are a good side.Dulwich fan told me Farnborough were the worst team he had seen and Bognor the best.hope he's wrong

By ChrisHFC5/12/2015 15:39Sat Dec 5 15:39:03 2015In response to Re: Excellent management traitTop of thread

Views: 2689

It took Leon just 14 minutes to score for Met Police. Aaron is on the bench for Kingstonian.

Previous thread: Farnborough Away by Jeff Hill29/11/2015 20:08Sun Nov 29 20:08:04 2015view thread