Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Excellent management trait by rwakeley3/12/2015 13:10Thu Dec 3 13:10:32 2015view thread

Farnborough Away

By Jeff Hill (Malc)29/11/2015 20:08Sun Nov 29 20:08:04 2015

Views: 3386

Twelve sovs to get in! They ain't getting any Kit Kat money out of me.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Farnborough Away

By Paul Butler (buts1690)30/11/2015 01:06Mon Nov 30 01:06:10 2015In response to Farnborough AwayTop of thread

Views: 3203

You're kidding? Really? I hope they do go effing bust, that's a disgrace.

By Rainham don30/11/2015 10:13Mon Nov 30 10:13:02 2015In response to Re: Farnborough AwayTop of thread

Views: 3199

Certainly is £12 to get in and I'm fairly sure Staines is the same.seems if you get relegated from con south they stick with the same price.

By Paul Butler (buts1690)30/11/2015 13:25Mon Nov 30 13:25:18 2015In response to Re: Farnborough AwayTop of thread

Views: 3297

I was fuming at that last season Staines in the Middx Cup was £12 as well. Won't be going there again. Not been to Farnborough before so going tonight to add it to my list, but won't be using their bar or burger van.

By Walworth Mark B30/11/2015 16:09Mon Nov 30 16:09:25 2015In response to Re: Farnborough AwayTop of thread

Views: 3271

Farnborough had the best Clubhouse in the League in my opinion. I always enjoyed going there.

Re: A Call To Arms!!!

By rwakeley30/11/2015 21:53Mon Nov 30 21:53:51 2015In response to Re: Farnborough AwayTop of thread

Views: 3088

Via twitter sounded as if we dominated and rue the missed chances.
Reading in-between the lines, (literally), I presume the players have put in far better individual performances and performed with greater cohesion.
Must keep our composure and our discipline when up against it.
We clearly have it within our credentials to get out of our predicament.
This is one hell of a frustrating campaign, simply because the individuals in the shirts are as we all know far better than where we are currently languishing.
Makes you more determined than ever to put things right - starting Saturday - for me it can't come quick enough!
Extract the positives, roll up our sleeves and let's turn this around.
I have every confidence in the lads, the work-rate and character - right now I feel a tad annoyed (just at tonight's result) - no doubt an emotion shared. Channel it in getting the job done.

By Rainham don30/11/2015 22:26Mon Nov 30 22:26:23 2015In response to Re: A Call To Arms!!!Top of thread

Views: 3130

We may have had a lot of chances but there was no composure in our finishing.the game was similar to kingstonian away just wouldn't go in and a keeper at his best.when we did score Pattie was offside.ref was awful could and should have had 2 pens.did the linesman flag for the holding on ibe then put it down when he got the ball back for one pen.not sure our 2 on loan league players are better than what we already have.their goal was scored by a kid on loan from reading

By rwakeley30/11/2015 23:11Mon Nov 30 23:11:11 2015In response to Re: A Call To Arms!!!Top of thread

Views: 3080

I agree with the opening sentence wholeheartedly - despite not being present. Thought the forwards on Saturday took a touch too many. Needs to be more instinctive. Although in the last couple of games I have seen I genuinely believe we are on the right track, particularly if the likes of Ollie and Azza come to the party.
Saturday, if anything I thought we were aided by a Bid Dave block in the penalty area which probably earned us two points. I thought we sat back to deep in the second half Saturday, inviting pressure, following an initial burst.
I maintain the goals will come. Pleased to hear that Murphs had a good game. I have questioned his best position, but we are still obviously suffering our losses of personnel.
I really feel for the management of whom are clearly busting a gut - but we are not immune and these things are sent to test the best of us.
I worry about the overall balance with Kezie in isolation during second half spells. Azza has to be on full throttle.
For the first time in months I see positives.

By Rainham don30/11/2015 23:54Mon Nov 30 23:54:48 2015In response to Re: A Call To Arms!!!Top of thread

Views: 3077

I hope you are right re the positives but being realistic we are a shadow of the team that won at east Thurrock and outplayed kingstonian yet tonight got beat by a team of kids with a couple of experienced players.if you were there they all busted a gut and in my opinion wanted it more.too many of our players seem to think the game is all about running with the ball and shooting with their wrong foot.

By Paul Butler (buts1690)1/12/2015 00:03Tue Dec 1 00:03:56 2015In response to Re: A Call To Arms!!!Top of thread

Views: 3137

Absolute shite tonight, dominated the first half (just as we did at Enfield) but were wasteful in front of goal,Aaron seemed to want 400 touches every time, must have touched the ball more than any other player but produced the square root of sod all. Pattie went off after looking very ineffectual, Andre came on and was unlucky to hit the post with a free kick, but we could have played all night and not scored.

Knew we'd lose as soon as I saw those poxy red shirts - can we PLEASE bin them and go back to any of the last 5 seasons' away kits instead??

By Deadman1/12/2015 10:00Tue Dec 1 10:00:56 2015In response to Re: A Call To Arms!!!Top of thread

Views: 3132

A replica of the Kingstonian away game....just against inferior opposition this time and if anything, with more chances for us. Plenty of decent build up play and some nice touches around the box but nobody able to get it past their keeper. And then the inevitable late goal conceded. Yes we were unlucky with the two penalty shouts (I've never seen a linesman flag a penalty but be over-ruled by a ref before) and who knows what effect a goal what have had on our confidence.

Clearly our strikers have struggled to find form (apart from Aaron before his red cards) but there haven't been many goals from midfield and this is one of our big problems (keeping clean sheets is another!)

A quick analysis of recognised midfielders this LEAGUE season so far (and apologies for any errors....)

Bettache 17 games 1 goal
Big Dave 9 - 2 (I think he's played 9 of his games in midfield)
Cracknell 6 - 0
Da Costa 12 - 1
Fonguck 2 -0
Harris 8 - 0
McCann 1 - 0
Murphy 18 - 2
O' Leary 14 - 0
Short 18 - 2
Shulton 7 - 2
Taggart 8 - 0
Tajkabash 1 - 0

121 appearances and 10 goals (two of which I think were Murphy penalties). Ok...it's a bit subjective because Morgan isn't in there and you could argue that he's played quite deep at times plus I've counted sub appearances (and I might have made a mistake in my counting!). But it's plain to see that there is a lot of pressure on our strikers to score and it's not as if the defenders are chipping in with many either.

As a comparison, Casey scored 9 in 33 last season and a player of his ilk would have buried one of those MANY loose balls around their six yard box last night. He can't come back soon enough.

By BryanR1/12/2015 09:58Tue Dec 1 09:58:18 2015In response to Re: A Call To Arms!!!Top of thread

Views: 3048

Lovely, lovely stadium, but just a shame that there were so few people in it. Ticket prices and over-enthusiastic stewarding belong in a higher level than ours; burger availability belongs in the county leagues.

Overall performance wasn't too dispiriting. We created several decent chances and, on any other day, both of the six yard box pinball episodes would have ended up in the net. Plenty of endeavor shown all over, but definitely lacking finesse in crossing and shooting.

By JWN1/12/2015 11:13Tue Dec 1 11:13:35 2015In response to Re: A Call To Arms!!!Top of thread

Views: 3057

Very weak bench last night in my opinion, looking at our player list there were 20 players (including the McClaren's) not included last night, does anyone have any idea why this was (injuries, not available)?

By Claremont Man1/12/2015 13:44Tue Dec 1 13:44:39 2015In response to Re: A Call To Arms!!!Top of thread

Views: 3179

Sorry but last night's game was the worst I have seen for many a long year.Neither side deserved to win,but on the law of averages if there was to be a victor it should have been us,but the number of chances we squandered put paid to that. Must say I agree with fellow poster that the horrible red strip should be ditched,would like to see the White/Green/White combo make a comeback.Saturday will be a real test for us against the boys from Sussex by the Sea,just hope they don't sing it.

Previous thread: Three vital points by David B28/11/2015 20:59Sat Nov 28 20:59:48 2015view thread