Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Look on the bright side by Mike Cox1/11/2015 19:50Sun Nov 1 19:50:03 2015view thread

Discipline

By lesskinner30/8/2015 10:55Sun Aug 30 10:55:33 2015

Views: 2951

I have supported Hendon for coming up to fifty years and although I do not get to many games in a season am appalled by the discipline this year I thought after the problems with the McLaren brothers last year we would have learnt our lesson and both should never be allowed to play for the club again, the games I attended they were always questioning referees and getting bookings, but the discipline this year is letting us down, players don't seem to be able to accept referees decisions, we in our time have had many strong players, for example Roy Sleap, Bobby Childs, and Tony Bass, what has gone wrong with the current players and their acceptance of decisions, and where are the likes of Mark Kirby and Elliott Braithwaite?

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Discipline

By Casualdon28/10/2015 00:50Wed Oct 28 00:50:00 2015In response to DisciplineTop of thread

Views: 2720

I have been going hendon now on and off for the last 3-4 years and find people like you les skinner the problem which holds the club back from achieving more, in modern football players with passion are what's needed and football ha she come so soft that this often results in yellow and red cards constantly.
There has been several matches that I have seen players like Leo, Scott and the Mccleran brothers fight nail and tooth for the club which is more than most others do! Any other club or most knowledgable supporters would actually want this sort of drive and determination at there club to push them on, rather than players who would get bullied on or off the field.
Do you think Keane wasn't the same at Utd or viera at arsenal no they were successful coz the heart and toughness was embraced and helped push further than people like you acting like a fairy in this day and age.
If the guys that you are constantly moaning about was playing 20-40 years ago they would of not stood out at all, but people like you and the influx of bad referees and soft foreign players are taking all the English spirit form our game.
The players you question are the most loyal players that were the clubs colours and what I've seen this season wE miss them quite badly.

By Hendonboy28/10/2015 10:51Wed Oct 28 10:51:23 2015In response to Re: DisciplineTop of thread

Views: 2729

No need to get personal about Les - he's as entitled to his opinion as you are.

For the record, I don't think anyone's criticised Lee's discipline at any point and the vast majority have had a lot of sympathy for a few of the cards received this season. Nor has anyone asked players to neuter themselves in the manner in which they approach games. All anyone's actually asked for is the unnecessary backchat and retaliation to be cut out.

If you think that continuing to retaliate or mouth off to the referee are essential parts of showing "passion" on the pitch, that's fine, let's agree to disagree and leave it at that.

By John Rogers30/8/2015 11:23Sun Aug 30 11:23:13 2015In response to DisciplineTop of thread

Views: 2891

With regards to Kirby and Brathwaite - Kirby is getting minutes elsewhere at the moment to get match-fit. Hopefully we should see him back in the fold imminently.

Brathwaite, if he comes through various training and friendly matches unscathed this week should, hopefully, be fit for Saturday at Canvey.

Previous thread: Awful again by Paul Butler28/10/2015 00:31Wed Oct 28 00:31:02 2015view thread