Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Scrappy - but 100% effort by SteveHFC11/8/2015 10:36Tue Aug 11 10:36:54 2015view thread

Where Have All Our Players Gone?

By Deadman9/8/2015 08:38Sun Aug 9 08:38:05 2015

Views: 2779

Help! I can't keep up. What's happened to all the players we know and love??!! They surely can't ALL be injured? Please insert next to name...

Leon Smith -
Sam Murphy -
Elliott Braithwaite -
James Fisher -
Kezie Ibe -
Max McCann -
Oliver Sprague -
Mark Kirby (don't know and love him yet but....) -

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Where Have All Our Players Gone?

By SteveHFC9/8/2015 09:09Sun Aug 9 09:09:59 2015In response to Where Have All Our Players Gone?Top of thread

Views: 2852

As Phil put on the website last night, and as Gary said on twitter after the game - 14 players were unavailable for various reasons yesterday. I reckon the 14 players are as follows - reasons given where I've picked them up from twitter or conversations at the friendlies I was able to get to. Wasn't there yesterday.

Belal Aite-Ouakrim - ?
Elliott Brathwaite - injured
James Fisher - injured
Kezie Ibe - injured (went off injured at Eastbourne)
Mark Kirby - holiday
Casey Maclaren - suspended
Kevin Maclaren - suspended
Max McCann - injured
Sam Murphy - holiday (I think - I was told he was unavailable yesterday when we were at Eastbourne)
Chris Seeby - injured
Leon Smith - ?
Oliver Sprague - suspended (following his red card in the LSC Final last season - believe its just a 1 match ban so will be available on Monday)
Hassan Sulaiman - ?
Adam Wallace - ?

Someone else might be able to fill in some of the gaps.

It does, for me, show how badly Casey & Kevin have let everyone associated with the club down by picking up their lengthy bans - if they had been available, maybe Gary wouldn't have needed to make as many last minute signings as he did.

Edited by SteveHFC at 09:11:14 on 9th August 2015

By John Rogers9/8/2015 09:09Sun Aug 9 09:09:38 2015In response to Where Have All Our Players Gone?Top of thread

Views: 2662

Brathwaite, Ibe, McCann and Fisher are all unfit. Sprague was suspended yesterday, not sure if he's back Monday or not. Smith, Murphy and Kirby I assume are unfit, but weren't there yesterday to ask.

By rwakeley9/8/2015 11:36Sun Aug 9 11:36:07 2015In response to Re: Where Have All Our Players Gone?Top of thread

Views: 2666

I left the ground yesterday mulling the thought of two points dropped - albiet a draw a fair reflection. Grays took 45 to get going, when they do you know what your in for. Initial look at the team-sheet and I thought we may get steamrollered through the middle. Having said that well played to all and sundry for closing them down and restricting their movements.
If Grays are a genuine play-off contender, I am fully convinced we are a stronger all-round outfit. Bodes very well for the campaign.
Impressed with the Bury Town lad and stalwarts Lee and in particular Big Dave. What an asset that lad is.
We are going to be a ruddy great handful when players on the sideline are in back in contention.
All things considered a very satisfying start.

By Jeff Hill (Malc)9/8/2015 12:01Sun Aug 9 12:01:36 2015In response to Re: Where Have All Our Players Gone?Top of thread

Views: 2587

Following yesterday's trip I would like to congratulate our manager (yet again) for getting a competetive squad together despite all the missing personnel.
I have to agree about big Dave, absolutely outstanding.
But what a terrible pitch, nothing short of disgraceful for an opening match.
Might need to print a few extra team sheets tomorrow just for the home fans to put names to faces.

Previous thread: Hopes and predictions for 2015/16 by Mike Cox5/8/2015 16:22Wed Aug 5 16:22:16 2015view thread