It seems to me that, if at all possible, we should try and get the Maidstone match played this Saturday. Not only will this ease fixture congestion but, potentially, there is a huge revenue gain - Maidstone expecting to bring 400 supporters on Saturday - would expect a much lower number for a midweek fixture. The weather forecast shows that the worst of the rain will be overnight tonight and tomorow morning. My question is whether there is anything we as fans can do to help the groundsman prepare the pitch - tomorrow afternoon, tomorrow evening (floodlit) or early Saturday morning - in advance of any anticipated pitch inspection?
Agree John.....a postponement would be a bit of a disaster. If the groundsman needed help, I'm sure a few of us could get down there.
I just spoke to Graham who told me that we won't know what, if anything, fans can do to help until any rain has stopped. He'll keep me posted and I'll post updates to this thread as and when I hear anything.
Graham Etchell has just told me that the pitch is in good condition at the moment and so there is no need for anyone to come along and do anything this afternoon or evening.
Some rain is forecast for later today, so if you have a pitchfork (or similar), please bring it with you just in case.
If you are bringing a pitchfork with you, please try to get there by 1pm, again just in case.