Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Gary McCann insists Hendon want automatic promotion after point at Hampton by footballexclusives.com8/3/2015 16:06Sun Mar 8 16:06:34 2015view thread

FAO : Rob Wakeley - Landslip

By SteveHFC (legacy user)10/2/2015 17:31Tue Feb 10 17:31:56 2015

Views: 3672

Rob - just to give you the heads up that the line between Leamington and Banbury isn't likely to open until early April following the landslip at Harbury, and that date could easily change (in either direction).

Colleagues of mine (& John's) at Network Rail are currently busy working on the revised passenger and freight timetable, so it'll be worth keeping a check on what is actually running, but essentially you'll either need to use the replacement bus service, which adds the best part of an hour on to the journey, or find an alternative route.

Greensnet - The Official Hendon FC Website
Hendon FC Supporters Trust Official Website

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: FAO : Rob Wakeley - Landslip

By Paul Butler (legacy user)12/2/2015 09:52Thu Feb 12 09:52:39 2015In response to FAO : Rob Wakeley - LandslipTop of thread

Views: 3671

Used it myself on Tuesday on a pre-booked train to Birmingham, an absolute disgrace that Chiltern haven't negotiated this with Virgin or London Midland to allow tickets to be accepted on their services instead. The bus service had plentiful leg room, for a four year old with dwarfism.

I've lost the will to live!

By rwakeley (legacy user)14/2/2015 18:33Sat Feb 14 18:33:04 2015In response to Re: FAO : Rob Wakeley - LandslipTop of thread

Views: 3385

Always appreciate travel information from down there in the smoke - or is it up there - every little helps. Just got back from yet another wasted journey. That's four weeks in five. Arrived at Marylebone at 11.15 checked on the travel kiosk got straight back on the 11.36 back to Banbury. Couple of hours in the local, change and out later. Don't get me started on the weather web sites. Last week I got as far as Moor Street, today Maylebone.
The ticket issue crippled me last week, combined with the National Rail Site changing its display early morning showing no trains out of Moor Street. They are running and the bus service takes about half an hour. The problem is naturally allowing for further missed connections - something I have just experienced. The web site shows no trains running on the Chiltern but they are.
That's four games in five wasted trips for me - I'm completely shot.
Least I'm back home early!

rwakeley

Leamington to Banbury reopening

By SteveHFC5/3/2015 19:00Thu Mar 5 19:00:35 2015In response to I've lost the will to live!Top of thread

Views: 3397

Very much for Rob's information - in case you've not seen elsewhere, the line between Leamington and Banbury will reopen on Friday 13th March following the landslip clearance, so all should be well for your journey down to the Tonbridge game on the 14th.

If they don't already, the correct timings should appear in the online journey planners by the weekend.

Re: Leamington to Banbury reopening

By rwakeley5/3/2015 21:14Thu Mar 5 21:14:47 2015In response to Leamington to Banbury reopeningTop of thread

Views: 2972

Many thanks for the info Steve - I was unaware of the development. I was anticipating the disruption to be in place upto Easter - just in time for my annual confrontation with local engineering works!!
I have to say just for the record, Chiltern have been fantastic throughout. After the initial installment the buses ran effectively and last week I actually managed to get home no later than the norm.
Given the circumstances that is quite an achievement.

Previous thread: Winning Ugly by Paul Butler4/3/2015 11:11Wed Mar 4 11:11:07 2015view thread