Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Enfield FC say game is on this afternoon. by eddieedd10/1/2015 11:43Sat Jan 10 11:43:26 2015view thread

Edgware and SJP

By Jeff Hill (legacy user)4/1/2015 12:35Sun Jan 4 12:35:45 2015

Views: 4173

I went along to SJP yesterday to see how the pitch looked with a proper match being played on it. It was superb, you forget it ain't grass in no time. Anyway, with that objective out of the way, I, along with a good number of Hendon fans (and a few from Dulwich and Barnet) enjoyed a great afternoon. We created a bit of atmosphere behind the covered end, was joined by some Edgware fans, had great banter with the Stony Stratford keeper, and saw a 3 all draw. And all for four quid.
I personally can't wait to move there now. Rob Morris stood with us behind the goal, how proud he must feel. I was pleased for Edgware Town whose average attendance was tripled.
I am almost hoping our away game at Enfield next week is postponed so I can go back for Edgware's next home game.
Only bad point, no 4 finger Kit Kats available on the day, but I believe they'll only be 60p when in stock.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Edgware and SJP

By ChrisHFC (legacy user)4/1/2015 14:31Sun Jan 4 14:31:26 2015In response to Edgware and SJPTop of thread

Views: 3728

I too went to SJP yesterday - two lower-midtable sides played a match the quality of which IMHO would have graced a league one level higher, if not two.

Several of us agreed that there is a lot to do to bring SJP up to a suitable level to get the ground grading we require. However we also agreed that, having achieved the necessary ground grading, there is a lot of potential for additional facilities at the ground, and that, like Jeff, we are keen to move in as soon as practicable.

One thing I hadn't expected, or had forgotten after several visits years ago, was the slope from end to end.

Enforced break - a blessing in disguise?

By rwakeley (legacy user)4/1/2015 21:07Sun Jan 4 21:07:45 2015In response to Re: Edgware and SJPTop of thread

Views: 3732

Purely from a footy perspective I wasn't too miffed Saturday was off.
Brian Clough once said, "preparation is relaxation" so who are we to disagree?
Saturday's break and a free week may have been just what the doctor ordered and come at the right time.
Onto Enfield. Past games have had kanikaze tendancies.
Nothing personal but I can't stand the place, the journey, their style, (actually there's a huge amount
of respect in the latter), there is something about them. They can be equally brilliant and medicore, usually in the same game. I find Enfield quite fascinating.
Their form is off having lost 5 in 6. That won't count for anything.
Expecting an un-predictable afternoon.

rwakeley

SJP

By Paul Butler (legacy user)5/1/2015 23:28Mon Jan 5 23:28:59 2015In response to Enforced break - a blessing in disguise?Top of thread

Views: 3711

Hosted and ran the first of what I hope will be many Darts competitions at SJP on Sunday with a fantastic turnout of 55 players, the day was a huge success and we're already looking into dates for the next one.

Re: SJP

By eddieedd (legacy user)7/1/2015 16:56Wed Jan 7 16:56:01 2015In response to SJPTop of thread

Views: 3748

Well done Paul. It was clear when we were at the game on Saturday that a great deal of effort had been put in, it is great to hear that it was a big success.

Re: SJP

By Paul Butler (legacy user)7/1/2015 20:41Wed Jan 7 20:41:58 2015In response to Re: SJPTop of thread

Views: 3539

Of course with it being a first competition at the venue there are a few little creases to iron out before the next one, live and learn as ever, but yes I was delighted with the day and the turnout, and think Rob was as well.

SJP

By Rob Morris (legacy user)8/1/2015 12:32Thu Jan 8 12:32:04 2015In response to Re: SJPTop of thread

Views: 3667

It was a great weekend with nearly 150 attending Saturday's match and a superb turnout on Sunday. Hendon fans turned up in numbers and had fun at the Edgware match mainly at the expense of the opposition goalkeeper. Paul Butler put on a fantastic afternoon of darts that was well organised and for a first attempt was very well received. The New Hendon Burger was on sale and was sampled by Paul.

Previous thread: New Year draw - Update by eddieedd5/1/2015 11:23Mon Jan 5 11:23:21 2015view thread