Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Game of the week by David B31/12/2014 12:39Wed Dec 31 12:39:50 2014view thread

ref against wingate & finchley

By essex don (legacy user)29/12/2014 20:07Mon Dec 29 20:07:24 2014

Views: 3178

thought he was pretty good in the first half,keeping a lid on their contant moaning however what did he have in his half time cuppa.totally in my opinion lost the plot sending offs, vast yellow cards,2 pens the second one was probably one of the worst decisions I have seen(glad it wasn't given against us or some of us on here would have been going nuts.cant imagine him doing a game with a large home prescence.did anything happen after the final whistle as I had to leave with a few mins left.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: ref against wingate & finchley

By John (legacy user)29/12/2014 22:42Mon Dec 29 22:42:43 2014In response to ref against wingate & finchleyTop of thread

Views: 3094

I thought he had a mixed afternoon. First half there were two strong penalty shouts for Wingate. The first was for handball, but was actually a header away by Kev as he lay prone on the ground, the other when Shulton appeared to be sandwiched between two Green shirts - that one looked a potential penalty from the PA box.

There were an enormous number of yellow cards - 3 for Hendon (O'Leary, Kev and Taggs) the only one I felt was a little hard done by was Taggart. For Wingate, they had 5 men booked, another shown two yellows and a straight red. I think all but one - possibly two of the yellows were for various forms of dissent. The first red looked borderline to me, Kezie had beaten their 5 and had a clear sight of goal - was it a clear goalscoring opportunity? Clear-ish, I'd say. Their number 6 had been embroiled in a running battle with Brathwaite most of the afternoon, picked up an early yellow for dissent and while he was unfortunate to have been penalised for the second penalty, I suspect the additional yellow was for further verbals.

Overall it was a very assured performance, particularly when you take into account the difficult pitch and whinging opponents. James Fisher was excellent in midfield first half, Charlie Goode continues to live up to his surname and the front two just keep on firing. Very pleasing overall.

Re: ref against wingate & finchley

By Anonymous (legacy user)30/12/2014 10:25Tue Dec 30 10:25:27 2014In response to Re: ref against wingate & finchleyTop of thread

Views: 3061

I thought the ref did okay in difficult circumstances. Wingate were undisciplined from the off. I suspect the 2 sendings off were second yellow cards for dissent. The big lad, the second to be sent off was at it all game. Surprised he lasted as long as he did. The Wingate captain ended up sitting in the stand and on the second sending off let off a foul mouth tirade telling a Wingate player to give the ref some abuse. He then thought better of things and disappeared. They didn't do themselves any favours.

Bad Form All Round...

By Deadman (legacy user)30/12/2014 20:17Tue Dec 30 20:17:59 2014In response to Re: ref against wingate & finchleyTop of thread

Views: 2993

I could be wrong but I think the first one was a straight red (very harsh..but what is a clear goal-scoring opportunity? A shooting chance or clean through? Ibe was about to shoot but wasn't clean through).

The second one was a second yellow (given for the joke of a penalty).

The Wingate skipper was out of order the way he mouthed off from the side-lines and should be sanctioned but I have to say he was a damn sight better behaved in the bar afterwards than some. Whatever the story is behind that episode, it was just plain wrong.

All in all for me, the unsavoury incidents on and off the field detracted from what should have been a special day for the club, given that so much effort had been put in to attract new supporters.

Re: Bad Form All Round...

By essex don (legacy user)30/12/2014 22:54Tue Dec 30 22:54:21 2014In response to Bad Form All Round...Top of thread

Views: 3046

anyone want to explain what happened in the bar afterwards.

Re: Bad Form All Round...

By John Fordham (legacy user)31/12/2014 09:20Wed Dec 31 09:20:37 2014In response to Re: Bad Form All Round...Top of thread

Views: 3017

Can't give an explanation. I was in bar at the time and something kicked-off around the pool table with a woman shouting. Nothing serious as far as could see. Gary intervened and calmed things down. We then left - don't know whether any further incident.

Previous thread: Guess The Attendance on Saturday by jimsredwhiteandgreen24/12/2014 13:05Wed Dec 24 13:05:33 2014view thread