Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: New Card Machine by John Rice21/10/2014 21:36Tue Oct 21 21:36:26 2014view thread

Yeeeessssss....

By John Fordham (legacy user)18/10/2014 17:05Sat Oct 18 17:05:34 2014

Views: 3954

Been watching live updates from Morocco. Been on edge of my seat. Great result. Well done Gary and the lads.

Only downside is the sending off of Kevin Mc.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Yeeeessssss....

By SteveHFC (legacy user)18/10/2014 20:10Sat Oct 18 20:10:10 2014In response to Yeeeessssss....Top of thread

Views: 3895

Second booking for Kev was very harsh in my opinion, although the referee did give me his reasoning when I went in to see him after the game.

Margate were superb in the first half, and I was delighted that we went in level. The main difference was in the final third where Margate were more decisive, only for their finishing to let them down.

Second half we were excellent, particularly in protecting Ben McNamara and ensuring we didn't concede again. Big call by Gary to bring Max on after the red card, but entirely the right one as Max filled in for Kev superbly for the lat few minutes.

Whilst Leon will clearly take the headlines, this was yet another superb team performance. We certainly showed today that we are 3rd for a reason.

Now for Monday and hopefully more of the same.

Greensnet - The Official Hendon FC Website
Hendon FC Supporters Trust Official Website

Yessssssss

By SteveL (legacy user)18/10/2014 22:25Sat Oct 18 22:25:51 2014In response to Re: Yeeeessssss....Top of thread

Views: 3766

Barely believable, incredible. The team spirit is the finest I can remember, and this against a team where money appears to be no object. Amazing afternoon once again.

Re: Yessssssss

By Robanmor (legacy user)18/10/2014 23:06Sat Oct 18 23:06:53 2014In response to YessssssssTop of thread

Views: 3726

A great performance and result now let's get more in through the turnstiles! It's exciting and entertaining.

Comparisons

By rwakeley (legacy user)19/10/2014 01:35Sun Oct 19 01:35:39 2014In response to Re: YessssssssTop of thread

Views: 3722

I was impressed by Margate, hardly surprising they utilised the full width of the pitch. A tad youthful in places. Their midfield was akin to a coiled spring which makes our performance even more enjoyable.
I still think we lack the creative presence a'la the Wycombe lads down the flanks - our third goal exemplified our usage of width. Sublime and majestic.
At one point I was making comparisons with the Maidstone home game last season, but showed a far greater amount of resolve. Almost to the point where we lost our discipline, but not in an overly excertive way.
I agree Kevin's second was very harsh, but he had been involved with some earlier previous and hence via his first yellow, probably has to take on board an element of responsiblilty. The nature of the game prevented an escalation of ill-discipline boiling over.
The lad Braithwaite was in another realm and I was really impressed with the big Dave.
I really like how be blocks at the back - its clean, almost unasuming, but so important.
I still maintain with a full compliment we have become a cohesive unit.
We have systematically overcome a side of whom may only lose half a dozen games through-out the entire campaign. They create chances by probing in areas en masse. They are equally a force to be respected. Today we out-fought them. Leon, added into the mix and we had the ingredients for a very special afternoon's entertainment.
That must rank as one of the best league performances in years.
Very proud.

rwakeley

Margate game

By mike cox (legacy user)19/10/2014 17:42Sun Oct 19 17:42:40 2014In response to ComparisonsTop of thread

Views: 3713

Awesome!!! Congratulations to all concerned. You made an old man very happy!

Re: Margate game

By eddieedd (legacy user)19/10/2014 21:01Sun Oct 19 21:01:40 2014In response to Margate gameTop of thread

Views: 3697

What a great game !!!!

- Sorry forgot the bucket collection.Excitement . Please ask the Margate fans to come back on Monday.
- Dave D.was superb, I am a fan but yesterday he was just great.
- Kev's first booking was a nonsense.Can't speak about the second.
- Yes I think their keeper did know what he was doing, intentional, yes absolutely .Should he have gone , yes & possibly charged with assault.
- Leon f###### brilliant , that turn and pace in first 5 yards , second to none in this division. Shh.... please keep it quiet.
- Why did the ref favour Margate ? Conspiracy theory ..linesman with no balls/doing nothing at all.
- Have I forgotten Dorchester ? No that is scarred in the memory bank but as an antidote it was a good effort.
- Now back to Roy Orbison - 'In Dreams' , Bryan can we have that as our pitch song ?

ps - autographed copies of the Non - League paper are currently available . (see page 28)

Sing when you signing

By David B (legacy user)20/10/2014 15:52Mon Oct 20 15:52:37 2014In response to Re: Margate gameTop of thread

Views: 3584

Eddie, I shall be happy to add my monicker to yours for a truly unique keepsake.

By the way, looking at the arms-folded Hendon fans, can't we look a little excited when Leon is running in on goal?

Furthermore, the main picture shows just how bad Bull?s challenge was; his studs are right in the middle of Leon's shin.

Previous thread: WATCH: Gary McCann warns Hendon players of complacency by footballexclusives.com20/10/2014 15:52Mon Oct 20 15:52:02 2014view thread