Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: SJP First Phase Opening by Rob Morris29/9/2014 15:03Mon Sep 29 15:03:34 2014view thread

That was quite good.....

By SteveHFC (legacy user)27/9/2014 21:25Sat Sep 27 21:25:15 2014

Views: 4939

.... ok, it was very very good.

That's the best I've seen us play for the full 90 minutes for a long time, with four very well worked and taken goals. A real pleasure to watch, and it's performances like today that make all the hard work worthwhile.

I've only seen home games so far this season, but the big difference for me on the last couple of home games was the return of Kevin & Casey to the squad - we've definitely missed them over the past few games. Also good to see Kezie return from injury, Peter Dean continue his return from injury and Belal back in the squad. Once everyone is fully fit, Gary's going to have some interesting selection problems - for all the right reasons.

Must also say how good it was to have the youth team kids around again today - they certainly add to the atmosphere. Also great to see the squad interacting with them after the game and signing autographs.

Definitely a good day to be a Hendon fan. Now for a nice kind draw in the next round. Selfishly I'd like Barton Rovers away!

Greensnet - The Official Hendon FC Website
Hendon FC Supporters Trust Official Website

reply to this article | return to the front page

Today

By SteveL (legacy user)27/9/2014 22:24Sat Sep 27 22:24:52 2014In response to That was quite good.....Top of thread

Views: 4847

That for me was one of the most outstanding performances I have seen in years. Considering the form Leiston were in, and the amount of goals they score, I'm sure all of us thought we were in for a tight match. A stunning start, everyone was superb, Leiston were not even close to second best, and it was brilliant. Congrats to everyone, one to remember for a very long time.

Leiston FC

By Robanmor (legacy user)27/9/2014 22:50Sat Sep 27 22:50:22 2014In response to TodayTop of thread

Views: 4741

Great day! Perfect performance against an inform side. The quiet revolution with the Youth has begun. SJP has had its new pitch installed. The board is working hard create stability and continuity. The trust and association does its upmost to keek HFC afloat. Gary and the squad are second to none. Be hopeful and optimistic as we are on the verge of something special. Paul Butler you were too quiet today the green demons needed guidance. Lol

Heroes

By Jeff Hill (legacy user)27/9/2014 23:20Sat Sep 27 23:20:43 2014In response to Leiston FCTop of thread

Views: 4895

Still buzzing after that. Shouldn't single out individuals as all 14 were heroes, but special praise for Ben in goal, Elliot and Fish at the back, Andre, who had his best game for us, and goal machine Leon.
Ref high point: sending off their coach who had ample warning about his language. I do feel he should have been charged £10 to continue watching the match from the terraces.
Ref low points: allowing their number 7 to commit a record number of unpunished yellow card offences, and clearly deciding not to give Hendon a free kick in the final 30 minutes.
Favourite moment of the day: the smile on Simon's face at the end.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend, I certainly shall.

Simon Lawrence

By Robanmor (legacy user)27/9/2014 23:28Sat Sep 27 23:28:57 2014In response to HeroesTop of thread

Views: 4916

Simon has worked tirelessly for HFC for years and is one of the reasons the club exists today! He is one of the few who puts his hand in his pockets and funds Hendons existence! Let's hope he will be able to enjoy football without worrying about the next few quid one day

Leadership

By rwakeley (legacy user)28/9/2014 02:20Sun Sep 28 02:20:34 2014In response to Simon LawrenceTop of thread

Views: 4882

The lad Braithwaite - he for me took over the command of the backs. Vocal, hostile and totally dominant.
The lads a Marine. I like the partnership with Fish. Fish is quieter and prone to dismiss histrionics. They compliment eachother. Kevin exemplified leadership qualities through-out. Its vital to have these personal characteristics on display.
I looked at Casey from the off. To me, in my warped state of mind the lad looks lean and mean. He had room to manoevure but that was a continuation from Tonbridge. He was gazelle-like. In fact from the start the lads looked fresh and re-juvinated.
Leon got bullied through-out and really impressed today. I like the look of Peter Dean and the lad Diedhiou probably had his best ninety of the season. I thought the lad put in an effective shift today.
Touching on the above sentiment, I find it emblamatic of the teams efforts are a reflection of those, like the chairman and the management, are a constant theme which run through the veins of each and every one of us.
That's why I watch Hendon, you cannot replicate that personal involement elsewhere. It's unique and difficult to describe to those who fail to appreciate what football is really about.
The board, the management, the supporters and most of all today the players were exeptional.
Today was a priviledge.

rwakeley

Leiston match

By mike cox (legacy user)28/9/2014 16:40Sun Sep 28 16:40:05 2014In response to LeadershipTop of thread

Views: 4695

Agree with all comments so far - I honestly can't remember the last time I enjoyed a game so much. Well done fellers you were great! Next round - how about Harrow Borough (don't mind home or away).

Re: Leiston match

By ChrisHFC (legacy user)28/9/2014 19:43Sun Sep 28 19:43:48 2014In response to Leiston matchTop of thread

Views: 4739

Match of the Day last night ended with an unofficial Goal of the Day competition. IMHO none of the goals they chose were of higher quality than our goals yesterday.

Re: Leiston match

By Tony (legacy user)29/9/2014 09:01Mon Sep 29 09:01:00 2014In response to Re: Leiston matchTop of thread

Views: 4558

That was as good a performance as I have seen in a long long time. Really enjoyable and some cracking goals. fingers crossed for a good draw...

Previous thread: Hornchurch by richhend28/9/2014 14:20Sun Sep 28 14:20:43 2014view thread