Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: The Les and Steven memorial cup 26th Sept kick off 7pm by Nickhfc 11/9/2014 17:22Thu Sep 11 17:22:58 2014view thread

Half-time tonic

By dw (legacy user)8/9/2014 23:30Mon Sep 8 23:30:24 2014

Views: 3951

Whatever was said and done at half-time tonight certainly worked. A match that started so brightly for Hendon had, by half-time, plumbed the depths as far as Hendon were concerned. Peacehaven and Telscombe simply tore us apart, and but for a bit of luck and last ditch defending could have been out of sight. An interval reorganisation back to 4-4-2 (it appeared) provided a highly entertaining and balanced 2nd half and two great goals. 20 points by 8th September - unbelievable but true!

reply to this article | return to the front page

Unsung hero

By rwakeley (legacy user)8/9/2014 23:59Mon Sep 8 23:59:43 2014In response to Half-time tonicTop of thread

Views: 3655

Thanks for the update. I don't claim to know the staff that well - I don't feel the need to do so. I would like to think they have better things to do, so it it is difficult to gauge the personalities of the playing staff. I do enjoy when Dave pops up and contibutes. He appears to take various roles on without much fuss and has been a stalwart and loyal servant. He was making vital blocks again last weekend. Over 200 appearances, his contibutions are, I feel, a tad overlooked.
After two tough games on the road, an invaluable three points - it's a long challenging month.
Well played.

rwakeley

Re: Unsung hero

By John (legacy user)9/9/2014 00:07Tue Sep 9 00:07:34 2014In response to Unsung heroTop of thread

Views: 3813

No doubt about it, that's the toughest game I've seen us play this season so far. (Missed Met Police, Enfield Town and Kingstonian).

After going ahead and looking the better side for the first 15 minutes or so, we were very much second best from the moment we conceded the equaliser. It was a soft goal to concede, but credit to Mark Knee, the P&T full back for getting forward to nod the ball home. Five minutes later we were 2-1 down, a decent strike, but again, we were slow to close the ball down on the edge of the box. The remainder of the half saw P&T in complete control. Josh Jones, Lloyd Cotton and Jamie Brotherton in particular were outstanding. However, led by Elliott Brathwaite, we dug in and went in just a goal down at the break.

Afterwards, a different game entirely. Playing higher up the pitch and crucially pressing the ball a bit higher, we gradually took control. Leon unlucky not to score with an effort that hit the bar shortly before Seeby netted a superb goal both in execution and build-up. Both sides had chances to win the game, but when Leon's effort was parried into big Dave's path, there was only one outcome.

Fabulous entertainment and a big three points. I think as time goes on this season, P&T will become ever more difficult to take points from. This result should not be underestimated.

By SteveHFC (legacy user)9/9/2014 00:14Tue Sep 9 00:14:16 2014In response to Re: Unsung heroTop of thread

Views: 3664

I think most of us feared the worst at half-time, and I certainly felt we were fortunate to only be a goal down.

But credit to everyone for the bounce back in the second half - a superb performance by all, and really showed the character we all know this squad has.

Excellent finishes for all three goals - Seeby and Big Dave particularly - but it's difficult to single out any one individual. That was a real team effort.

Greensnet - The Official Hendon FC Website
Hendon FC Supporters Trust Official Website

By Paul Butler (legacy user)11/9/2014 01:42Thu Sep 11 01:42:55 2014In response to Re: Unsung heroTop of thread

Views: 3587

I think first half we were poor rather than them being any good, yes it was a good win but it was against a side who have one point away from home all season. The rocket that Gary fired up the team's collective arse at half time worked a treat, and we were excellent second half.

Previous thread: 3G Pitch by Jeff Hill10/9/2014 08:44Wed Sep 10 08:44:46 2014view thread