Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Non League Day done properly by Paul Butler7/9/2014 01:17Sun Sep 7 01:17:31 2014view thread

Feedback wanted....

By Hendonboy (legacy user)4/9/2014 00:10Thu Sep 4 00:10:21 2014

Views: 4298

Evening all. Long time no see and all that.

Given a bit of free time finally, over a few spare evenings in the last week or two I've started work on updating the (rather dated) website design to something a little more modern.

It's far from ready at the moment, but the first workings can be seen at www.hendonfc.net/Home2. Feedback on the early work would be appreciated bearing in mind that only the front page is started so far. Better to get feedback now than after I've done everything and find people hate it!

I'm hoping to iterate through fairly quickly and get things out the door relatively quickly, so hopefully not too long till I fix the list below!

Things that are incomplete/known bugs

• The menu links (facebook and twitter aside) won't work at the moment.

• The title ("Greensnet") needs updating from plain text

• Some of the content (Snowball Lottery/Headline Carousel/Lower items) are static/incomplete.

• This should play better with tablets and phones, although I've put no work into specific styling/testing yet.

• On mobile, the menu options display in a practically invisible colour when it's all opened up

• Resizing your browser window currently messes up the layout (refreshing fixes it)

• The page is very optimized (slow!)

----------------------------------------
www.hendonfc.net
Hendon FC Supporters Trust

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Feedback wanted....

By ChrisHFC (legacy user)5/9/2014 12:06Fri Sep 5 12:06:57 2014In response to Feedback wanted....Top of thread

Views: 3724

Looks fine to me so far, though the squad photo looks to date from around 2009. Having said that, for various reasons I suspect that's the latest photo we have of our full squad.

Noticed that as a minimum the links for directions to Kingstonian and the Canvey match report work in that they take you to the relevant page on the current website.

There's a lot of time to be invested and work to be done in getting the new website ready, particularly given the amount of data we have on our website compared to most non-league clubs and the testing involved to ensure that it all displays correctly. Look forward to seeing later beta versions of this as and when Phil is ready to release them.

Re: website

By mello (legacy user)4/9/2014 19:59Thu Sep 4 19:59:20 2014In response to Feedback wanted....Top of thread

Views: 3775

Having seen the new updated website, am very impressed.......specially the picture of the main stand at the top. Like the layout so far. Top work by a top man, good luck with the rest of the work.

By nickhfc (legacy user)4/9/2014 10:58Thu Sep 4 10:58:03 2014In response to Feedback wanted....Top of thread

Views: 3853

HB i would love to give some feedback but the site seems to be down currently

greensnet

Hendon supporters fc

By Paul Butler (legacy user)4/9/2014 13:35Thu Sep 4 13:35:24 2014In response to Re: Feedback wanted....Top of thread

Views: 3772

Getting a HTTP Status 500 error on both your new link there and on the main hendonfc.net at the moment.

By Hendonboy (legacy user)4/9/2014 19:25Thu Sep 4 19:25:35 2014In response to Re: Feedback wanted....Top of thread

Views: 3752

Thanks guys. I think it's unrelated, but needs fixing across the entire site. I've put in what I *think* should be a partial temporary fix until I get time to delve deeper.

----------------------------------------
www.hendonfc.net
Hendon FC Supporters Trust

Previous thread: Rushden and Diamonds by Paul Butler3/9/2014 09:52Wed Sep 3 09:52:23 2014view thread