Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Harrow victory by dw25/8/2014 23:37Mon Aug 25 23:37:48 2014view thread

east thurrock game

By essex don (legacy user)23/8/2014 21:19Sat Aug 23 21:19:03 2014

Views: 4271

thought we played pretty well(pretty may not be the right word)and were really unlucky not to win having hit the bar or post 3 times(one resulting in our goal).always a battle there and all the team battled from first whistle to last and we ground out a well deserved point.having restricted them to only one real shot on target which was the goal the defence will have been disappointed that one of our on target shots didnt go in.nice to hear the lads on the terrace get behind the team.obviously not used to noise there as their fans kept moaning.finally to the moron who stood behind the goal we were attacking in the 2nd half calling me an old c***t a bald c***n and a Hendon c***n I can at a pinch accept but a fat c***t having looked at him was really taking the piss.notice he vanished before the final whistle.on to Monday good luct to gary and the team see you there.

reply to this article | return to the front page

east thurrock game

By rwakeley (legacy user)24/8/2014 11:50Sun Aug 24 11:50:58 2014In response to east thurrock gameTop of thread

Views: 4040

Should have been out of sight at half-time. Impressed with the lad Da Costa & nice to have Taggs making incersions in and around the box.
Kudos to their Lewis Smith, second season running he's pulled the strings. I admire the part he plays. He has the freedom to roam and rarely loses possession. I was thinking if our lad Murphy and his role in comparison.
Next up the annual wonky lab experiment which comprises a 'home' game with Harrow Borough. Place your bets. On the same theme, I have just found out I have a nice 2 hour replacement bus journey all the way to Birmingham tomorrow. The last thing I need.
Thanks to David Coote for the taxi - he's flying to Flushing Meadow tomorrow - it's taking me nearly as long to get to Earlsmead! Could be in therapy come Tuesday morning.
One word - WIN!

rwakeley

Re: east thurrock game

By Paul Butler (legacy user)25/8/2014 00:26Mon Aug 25 00:26:49 2014In response to east thurrock gameTop of thread

Views: 4065

The fat arsehole referenced by Essex Don was completely out of order, even coming over to square up to him at one point before quickly thinking better of the idea when he realised that a couple of us had noticed.

As for the game, I thought we were very decent first half, helped by a bit of atmosphere from behind the goal, second half tougher in terms of the game and creating some noise, the far end really doesn't lend itself acoustically to a good atmosphere. But for their defender having a bit of luck hitting his own bar, and a shot that flicked the bar on its way over, we could well have taken all three points, somewhere we conceded six last term that's a definite improvement.

Previous thread: Thurrock Tomorrow by Jeff Hill22/8/2014 09:15Fri Aug 22 09:15:54 2014view thread