Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Peter Dean by richhend13/6/2014 13:12Fri Jun 13 13:12:28 2014view thread

Silver Jubilee Park

By Rob Morris (legacy user)30/6/2014 11:45Mon Jun 30 11:45:38 2014

Views: 6523

Brent Council have granted planning consent for the all weather pitch at Silver Jubilee Park.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Silver Jubilee Park

By Claremont Man (legacy user)30/6/2014 13:40Mon Jun 30 13:40:28 2014In response to Silver Jubilee ParkTop of thread

Views: 6047

Splendid news Rob, look forward to hearing of future improvements to the ground as and when you formulate them. You have given all of us men and women on the terraces a real boost after umpteen years of heartache.We all owe you a very large drink.

Re: Silver Jubilee Park

By John Rice (legacy user)30/6/2014 12:07Mon Jun 30 12:07:35 2014In response to Silver Jubilee ParkTop of thread

Views: 6009

Brilliant news. Well done Rob.

By SteveHFC (legacy user)30/6/2014 13:20Mon Jun 30 13:20:30 2014In response to Re: Silver Jubilee ParkTop of thread

Views: 6039

Great news. I've asked Rob if he'll put something together to go on the website so that we can let everyone know, but please do spread the word everyone :)

Greensnet - The Official Hendon FC Website
Hendon FC Supporters Trust Official Website

By rwakeley (legacy user)30/6/2014 15:37Mon Jun 30 15:37:16 2014In response to Re: Silver Jubilee ParkTop of thread

Views: 5925

What a catalyst for future growth. Fantastic news for the club.
Delighted for the long-standing supporters of whom have stuck around through leaner times.
Gives us a once in a generational opportunity - potential sustainablility and commercial viability.
Credit to those individuals of whose desire has underpinned this development, everybody connected
to Hendon FC has a right to feel very proud of this achievement.
Here's to the next 106 years!

rwakeley

By Paul Butler (legacy user)1/7/2014 10:17Tue Jul 1 10:17:52 2014In response to Re: Silver Jubilee ParkTop of thread

Views: 5886

I know a lot of these questions will probably come through at the AGM, and I am intending on going, but from what I read, Edgware Town are going straight into SJP as soon as the pitch is done, after playing at Underhill to start the season. This raises the following questions for me - What are our relations like with Edgware Town FC? Are we actually going to have "our own" ground or just be permanent tenants of Edgware as we were at Wembley and are at Harrow? Have the Conference accepted plastic pitches yet or will this limit any future progression?

Honestly do not want to piss on anyone's parade here, and I'm cautiously pleased with most of what I'm hearing, but feel that these questions must be asked.

By John (legacy user)1/7/2014 13:23Tue Jul 1 13:23:08 2014In response to Re: Silver Jubilee ParkTop of thread

Views: 6102

As far as I understand things, the intention was for SJP to become a hub of the community and be a full-time home for Edgware and Hendon. Rather than being Edgware's tenants, it would be a permanent home for both sides. More of a San Siro than a Vale Farm (if you get my point).

In addition to this, I think I'm right in saying that Rob Morris bought the lease on the ground. He is named as a director of Hendon Football Club, but not Edgware Town. The youth teams that will be playing around SJP next season will be using our name, not Edgware's so these signs all point, to me at least, as though SJP will be a permanent home for the club. If any of the above is incorrect, then of course I'm happy to be corrected.

As relations between the two clubs were good before hand, and many of the old committee members are involved in the reformed club there's no reason why that would change.

In terms of the Conference and plastic pitches, I really think it's only a matter of time before they change their minds. The FA have done so for their competitions, I expect the Conference will follow suit in a couple of years time at the latest - with the number of clubs looking towards 4G both as a solution to the postponment problems that seem to have cropped up over the last decade or so, and as a sustainable source of income for clubs, the pressure upon them to change their rules will become overwhelming.

For me, although there's clearly still work to be done, yesterday's news is very positive and gives the club a much brighter future than it had six months ago.

And yes, valid questions for sure, Paul. I'm sure they, and many others will be aired and answered at the AGM.

Previous thread: Unique Slimming Programme by John Rice18/6/2014 17:28Wed Jun 18 17:28:26 2014view thread