Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Player of the Year voting by SteveHFC7/4/2014 09:30Mon Apr 7 09:30:43 2014view thread

hendon

By shawn (legacy user)5/4/2014 18:10Sat Apr 5 18:10:27 2014

Views: 5101

Well done to Gary and the lads keep pushing on to
them playoffs

reply to this article | return to the front page

Hornchurch Away

By Jeff Hill (legacy user)6/4/2014 10:32Sun Apr 6 10:32:32 2014In response to hendonTop of thread

Views: 4573

300 stops on the tube there, and 300 stops on the tube back, in between 300 fans watched a ref of 2 halves.
Hornchurch, who were very impressive in the reverse fixture, offered nothing until the penalty. Unfortunately I resorted to my full vocabulary of abuse, and looking back, not proud. I try not to slag refs off, but honestly, I knew that decision was wrong, and having seen the video it was even wronger.
Took a while for the team and us to compose ourselves, during which we might have conceded again. Got to half time.
Then witnessed a lap of honour by some yoof team of theirs. I've seen happier funeral processions.
Don't know what was said at half time but the ref certainly evened things up. Gave us a legit penalty (was there no card shown?) and then denied them what seemed a cert.
But during all this we again witnessed what our boys are made of. Pity most of the other results didn't help but we carry on and you never know.
A great day out, made some new friends, and we go again tomorrow.
Regards.

Re: Hornchurch Away

By John Fordham (legacy user)6/4/2014 21:05Sun Apr 6 21:05:03 2014In response to Hornchurch AwayTop of thread

Views: 4338

Have to agree (sort of), Jeff, with your thoughts on the ref.

My initial opinion, from 100 yds away, was that there was no way that it was a penalty. This was then confirmed by one of the substitutes on the Hornchurch bench who told me "no way a penalty, your player won the ball cleanly".

I was watching the West Ham v Liverpool game this afternoon where the Ref allowed West Ham's equalizer, over-ruling the linesman. Then, in the second half, the ref awarded Liverpool a (second) penaly under dubious circumstances where the pundits on Sky believed that the ref had realized his mistake on giving the West Ham goal and was leveling the playing field. I believe exactly the same thing happened yesterday - the ref, having realized his mistake on the Hornchurch pen, then gave us, in my opinion, a dubious penalty. Good for him and the right result - we were the better team.

Re: Hornchurch Away

By SteveHFC (legacy user)6/4/2014 22:00Sun Apr 6 22:00:04 2014In response to Re: Hornchurch AwayTop of thread

Views: 4287

That was certainly one of the stranger refereeing performances we've seen this season. It seemed that Hornchurch got everything first half, and we got everything second half.

As those who spoke to me know, my gut reaction on the goal (I was in the seats on the opposite side to the dugouts) was that it was a penalty, and that Dave had left himself open to being penalised by leaving his foot in after clearing the ball. However, completely understand why everyone got upset by it - and certainly watching the clip on youtube - it does look like a duff decision.

However, our reaction second half was top notch. Whatever Gary, Junior & Freddie said at half time worked a treat - and we got the result our performance deserved.

If only we hadn't had that aberration at East Thurrock a couple of weeks ago!

Still, on to Hampton tomorrow - and we owe them one for the two defeats we've had at their hands this season.

Greensnet - The Official Hendon FC Website
Hendon FC Supporters Trust Official Website

Previous thread: Supporters Match Wednesday 16th April by eddieedd4/4/2014 15:32Fri Apr 4 15:32:24 2014view thread