Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Supporters Match Thursday 27th Feb by eddieedd5/2/2014 14:09Wed Feb 5 14:09:20 2014view thread

Have we got Wenger Syndrome?

By rwakeley (legacy user)3/2/2014 21:51Mon Feb 3 21:51:32 2014

Views: 5295

Too many costly points dropped in derby matches - 5 against Wingate - 6 (and their first away win), against Enfield.
I utterly fail to believe we are not a better side - we are - we've shipped in fifteen goals against Enfield in four games. Having seen most these games, we have been dominant - then capitulation - or we've been hit for pace on the break.
The lads have been utterly fantastic of late - which makes results like this even more insidious.
Win Saturday!

rwakeley

reply to this article | return to the front page

Enfield Game

By richhend (legacy user)3/2/2014 22:40Mon Feb 3 22:40:07 2014In response to Have we got Wenger Syndrome?Top of thread

Views: 4994

Have to say tonight was a demonstration of how not to play on a heavy pitch. Enfield had it right knocking the ball long for their front men to run on to.
We played tip tap football and got caught on the ball far too often. We have been more than fortunate this season not getting punished for over reliance on the back pass. Tonight the luck ran out.

Enfield Game

By richhend (legacy user)3/2/2014 22:39Mon Feb 3 22:39:34 2014In response to Have we got Wenger Syndrome?Top of thread

Views: 4923

Have to say tonight was a demonstration of how not to play on a heavy pitch. Enfield had it right knocking the ball long for their front men to run on to.
We played tip tap football and got caught on the ball far too often. We have been more than fortunate this season not getting punished for over reliance on the back pass. Tonight the luck ran out.

Re: Enfield Game

By SteveHFC (legacy user)4/2/2014 08:35Tue Feb 4 08:35:16 2014In response to Enfield GameTop of thread

Views: 4847

Rich is absolutely right. Our tactics were wrong for the conditions last night. That, coupled with some poor defending, was our undoing. That said, if one or two of our first half chances had gone in at 0-0, it could have been very different.

I'm a bit concerned that we don't seem to have a plan B if our preferred way of playing doesn't work.

Greensnet - The Official Hendon FC Website
Hendon FC Supporters Trust Official Website

The end of the world is nigh ...

By David B (legacy user)4/2/2014 12:09Tue Feb 4 12:09:44 2014In response to Re: Enfield GameTop of thread

Views: 4834

? actually it isn't. Last night was hugely disappointment and strengthens my belief in bogeymen. All logic suggested we would win the game, but it wasn't to be.

A bad day at the office is probably not a bad summation of the match. Admittedly, we did not play anywhere near as well as we could, but we also suffered some incredibly bad luck to go with collective defensive meltdowns for all three goals.

Let's look a the positives: two or three years ago, when things went against us in the way it did last night, our discipline would have deserted us and we would have ended with nine or ten men; that never happened last night. Right or wrong, we never stopped trying to play football ? a feature of Gary's time.

Maybe we should have been more pragmatic with our style, but we didn't really have the personnel to play that way last night. Even at 2-0 down I thought if we pulled a goal back within 10 minutes, we could have gone on to get at least a point.

Our chairman has a saying, "We are where we are," and he could not be more correct. Hendon is an above-average (just) Ryman Premier Division team, punching way above our weight. On our good days we are a match for the best in the division and above (look at the way we played at Maidstone just a few weeks ago - they have since hit Hampton for seven and won 3-0 at Kingstonian). But ? when we are off our game, then we can lose to almost anyone. That is the nature of the beast.

Let's be positive and get behind the team on Saturday when we take on another team which has been prolific against us in two of our last three meetings. If we defend better, take our chances and keep our discipline, there is no reason why we can't beat Hampton & Richmond Borough.

By Jeff Hill (legacy user)4/2/2014 09:47Tue Feb 4 09:47:07 2014In response to Re: Enfield GameTop of thread

Views: 4827

But have I won the raffle?

By SteveHFC (legacy user)4/2/2014 10:30Tue Feb 4 10:30:54 2014In response to Re: Enfield GameTop of thread

Views: 4884

I'm waiting on an email or call from Eddie with the results. I had to leave last night before it was drawn.

Will get them online as soon as I hear from him.

Greensnet - The Official Hendon FC Website
Hendon FC Supporters Trust Official Website

By mike cox (legacy user)4/2/2014 17:04Tue Feb 4 17:04:17 2014In response to Re: Enfield GameTop of thread

Views: 4955

I had hoped for better in watching my first game for 3 months but the lads had an "off" night and that's putting it kindly. As David said our next opponents too usually do us over on a regular basis - let's hope we can lay that bogey on Saturday. Despite last night's poor performance, it's good to be back!

By Paul Butler (legacy user)5/2/2014 13:28Wed Feb 5 13:28:38 2014In response to Re: Enfield GameTop of thread

Views: 4742

It's a huge frustration to lose to poor sides like Enfield and Wingate, when we all know we're capable of troubling the best sides in the league, but that sums up most mid table clubs in most leagues.

Previous thread: New Year Draw Results by SteveHFC4/2/2014 10:57Tue Feb 4 10:57:59 2014view thread