ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on forum.hendonfc.net

Return to front page

Newest article: Part 2: The Manager by John RogersToday 15:00Today at 15:00:05view thread

Oldest article: Awards Night by HendonJohn5/5/2013 19:04Sun May 5 19:04:40 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Paul Faulkner by John18/11/2013 09:43Mon Nov 18 09:43:57 2013view thread

Great win today

By CC65 (legacy user)17/11/2013 19:31Sun Nov 17 19:31:55 2013

Views: 3945

Why no news or conversations about the great FA Trophy win today against Oxford City? Are we waiting for an official announcement?

CC

reply to this article | return to the front page

Oxford City game

By Richhend (legacy user)17/11/2013 19:51Sun Nov 17 19:51:16 2013In response to Great win todayTop of thread

Views: 3624

Have to say that's the best game I"ve seen for ages. Credit to Oxford for making it a really open and end to end match.

I did wonder whether we had blown it given the impressive start and then conceding the goal just before half-time but the come back was very impressive and two very impessive goals.

Thought it was a mistake going on the defensive after we went ahead instead of going for the killer third. We did, however, hang on and the "Boys" Own" penalty save from Berkley was the icing on the cake.

The referee was obviously enjoying it so much he wanted to play all evening!

Great win today

By Jeff Hill (legacy user)17/11/2013 19:42Sun Nov 17 19:42:31 2013In response to Great win todayTop of thread

Views: 3598

Maybe people are still celebrating. I don't usually drink straight after a game but had to have a pint in the bar tonight to reflect on a great day. I thought the Bideford match was good but today topped that. All credit to the players.

Re: Great win today

By SteveHFC (legacy user)17/11/2013 22:11Sun Nov 17 22:11:48 2013In response to Great win todayTop of thread

Views: 3645

Excellent win, and a thoroughly enjoyable game - apart from the nervous last few minutes!

Thought we were unlucky to go in a goal down at half-time, and feared it was going to be one of those games where we were going to rue not taking our chances.

Second half reaction was superb, and once we were ahead, whilst we did go more defensive, I didn't feel that we were going to give it away - until the penalty was awarded. A big well done to Berkley for the penalty save - and a big well done to the rest of the squad for their efforts today.

Two very well taken goals by Carl & Thommo, and I thought Kevin & Leo controlled the midfield battle very well.

Hopefully we get a kind draw tomorrow - or Barnet away - and can continue our performances into the two league games coming up.

Greensnet - The Official Hendon FC Website
Hendon FC Supporters Trust Official Website

Great win today

By rwakeley (legacy user)17/11/2013 23:31Sun Nov 17 23:31:38 2013In response to Re: Great win todayTop of thread

Views: 3605

Continuing the post-match management debate - on a slightly different note - the management deserve a tremendous amount of admiration for what they've accomplished. Irrespective of what transpires we're clearly indebted to year after year of squad compilations which even allow us to compete at this level with our resources. let alone dictate preceedings.
The lads themselves reflect this in their characteristics. There's a template to our play - we can hurt the opposition in a multitude of ways. I thought the lad O'Leary today was utterly outstanding - and in times of confrontation - he just picked himself up and carried on. That was a truely inspirational ninety minutes from the lad.
That reminded me of Eastbourne away - I must admit I thought we did inadvertantly invite a nervous last ten, but that is being uber critical on a day when we were, as a team, utterly outstanding.
Partially drunk, hungary, very tired and financially skint - but very, very proud.
Well done chaps!

rwakeley

Re: Great win today

By Paul Butler (legacy user)18/11/2013 01:24Mon Nov 18 01:24:30 2013In response to Great win todayTop of thread

Views: 3533

There's not many of us who were confident that Anthony Thomas had the attitude or mentality to do a job for us, particularly after the Chelsea friendly, Dulwich home game and league cup defeat at Ruislip, but Gary has stuck by him, always insisted that his attitude in training has been good, and today Gary's faith really paid off, even moreso than the hat trick v Biggleswade. I thought Thomas's overall play was excellent, Jefferson has looked frustrated as a lone front man and seemed enthused to have someone there to run onto his flick ons, and the goal summed it up perfectly, in the defeat at Hampton, Jefferson put that perfect cross in three or four times, but no one was in the box in time. MOTM performance from Anthony IMO, brilliant.

After the defeat at Hampton I was particularly critical of Lee O and Carl, and both were also superb today, Lee's pass to Jefferson for the winner, and Carl's excellently taken goal, capped off very hardworking and disciplined performances, particularly Lee O I thought kept his discipline very well despite being kicked up in the air by a number of late tackles.

Previous thread: New eBay Shop by John Rice5/11/2013 14:54Tue Nov 5 14:54:09 2013view thread