ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on forum.hendonfc.net

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Waffle time - Part 3- Quantity vs Quality by rwakeley16/1 15:19Sat Jan 16 15:19:04 2021view thread

Oldest article: eProgrammes by John Rice22/8/2013 14:09Thu Aug 22 14:09:21 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Hendon vs Bishop's Stortford Highlights by BDELLOW1/10/2013 20:34Tue Oct 1 20:34:35 2013view thread

A little perspective

By rwakeley (legacy user)30/9/2013 00:12Mon Sep 30 00:12:14 2013

Views: 3643

I really felt for the lads today...
At about one o'clock I encountered one Sean Thomas esq outside South Harrow station. In a very brief exchange he confirmed he was custodian and I wished him well for the afternoon. Top bloke - a gent - and more than half decent keeper of whom kept the scoreline down with this agility in the second 45.
Why divulge this?
Here's a guy, drafted in, travelling on the underground, waiting for a bus, to play his first game of the season, in an important cup-tie. I thought he was arguably our best player.
It's indicative of what we have to deal with as a club in order to function - let alone contest higher opposition. It's an underlying endorsement of our management's and player's morale fibre.
On the day it wasn't good enough - it's not the end of the world.
Today was a difficult pill to swallow - but one sense I am exceptionally proud of the lads.
I acknowledge what goes on and appreciate the effort despite the obvious disappointment.
Established players remain sidelined - our bench this afternoon was full of walking wounded.
I have reservations, but like all supporters, I always do, and there are times when I am critical.
Put it to bed - which is exactly where I should be!
Now go and express yourselves and enjoy your game and win next time out.
I think we deserve that.

rwakeley

reply to this article | return to the front page

A little perspective

By Claremont Man (legacy user)30/9/2013 13:11Mon Sep 30 13:11:08 2013In response to A little perspectiveTop of thread

Views: 3369

Sadly the FA Cup run that we have become used to has ground to a premature halt this season,after looking the part for the first 30 mins or so,a succession of missed chances and defensive mistakes metaphorically cooked our goose.No complaints about the final scoreline Bishops showed us the difference between the lower Isthmian League and the upper Conference South.They played some good stuff and deserve their place in the next round.As previous poster said the main thing is that everyone did their best and we all have to be realistic bearing in mind the extremely thin shoestring we are operating on.

Re: A little perspective

By ABDAS (legacy user)1/10/2013 14:48Tue Oct 1 14:48:02 2013In response to A little perspectiveTop of thread

Views: 3211

Thanks for your welcome on Sunday. Friendly bunch of supporters and hopefully you won't be exile too long. The team played really well and we thought after the first goal, 'we'd take a 1-0 at this point in time.'

If what you say about your keeper is true, top lad, he took the banter well and never let his head drop nor stop shouting all game.

Good luck for the rest of the season and look forward to another visit soon.

15 CW and proud of it!

Previous thread: Bury away by malc30/9/2013 10:04Mon Sep 30 10:04:13 2013view thread