ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on forum.hendonfc.net

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Introspection by DessieYesterday 10:47Yesterday at 10:47:42view thread

Oldest article: Awards Night by HendonJohn5/5/2013 19:04Sun May 5 19:04:40 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: 34 years ago by dw15/9/2013 20:50Sun Sep 15 20:50:18 2013view thread

Harrow victory

By dw (legacy user)9/9/2013 23:48Mon Sep 9 23:48:13 2013

Views: 3410

Not since John Butterfield scored a hat-trick inside 9 nine minutes can I recall such a sensational start to a match. Tonight's start was in many ways more memorable due to the sheer quality of both goals. The crosses from Jack Bennett and Michael Bryan were outstanding at any level and the razor-sharp headers flashing into the net from Jefferson Louis brought back memories of the likes of Tony Bass, John Baker, George Duck and Iain Dowie.

The remainder of the match did not quite match the thrilling start, but the bulk of the work was done and the points eventually secured.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Should have had 5 or 6

By eddieedd (legacy user)10/9/2013 12:38Tue Sep 10 12:38:56 2013In response to Harrow victoryTop of thread

Views: 3141

With only two changes to the starting line up from Saturday there was a possibility of tiredness, not a bit of it. Jefferson looked as though he was going to get more than 2 goals all night , in the end their No6 resorted to wrestling to stop him, injustice that at least one penalty decision not given. Junior had easily the best chance of the night , one on one with the keeper, only to miss the goal, he and Lee will be missed if the loans are not renewed. Other chances came all game , it is easy to see why Hendon are second top scorers in the league. The only concern was the ease that our defence seemed to be shredded, they hit the woodwork twice and seemed to walk their goal in , that together with a number of occasions where they had overlaps but failed to take advantage is a worry. Having said that, excitement and goals make for good football, long may it go on.

Re: Should have had 5 or 6

By SteveHFC (legacy user)10/9/2013 13:06Tue Sep 10 13:06:08 2013In response to Should have had 5 or 6Top of thread

Views: 3131

Agree that we should have had 5 or 6, if not more. I thought Jefferson had his best game for the club so far - not just because of his goals, but his general effort and workrate for the full 90 minutes.

Harrow's problem will be defensively - with the exception of Michael Peacock - they were poor at the back, not much better in midfield, but actually pretty decent going forward, although did anyone notice Leroy Griffiths (their 9) do anything of note? I thought we defended well, despite appearing to be cut to shreds at times - we recovered well on a number of occasions.

If that does turn out to be Junior and Lee's last game for us (I am awaiting confirmation one way or the other over the next 2-3 days before we say anything officially - their loans officially end on Thursday) then they've gone out on a high note - and I wish them well for the future.

Greensnet - The Official Hendon FC Website
Hendon FC Supporters Trust Official Website

Re: Should have had 5 or 6

By Paul Butler (legacy user)10/9/2013 12:57Tue Sep 10 12:57:13 2013In response to Should have had 5 or 6Top of thread

Views: 3122

Harrow were terrible, definitely down there with Enfield, Wingate and Thamesmead as the worst sides I've seen so far, and we should have been 4 or 5 up by half time. The second half was more of the same, while we looked worryingly exposed on the counter attack, our forwards tormented their defence, nice to see the 6 score an own goal after he really should have given us two penalties, the handball in the first half and the wrestling of Jefferson in the second, which the linesman unbelievably gave him a free kick for. I've seen enough games now this season to know we won't be in any relegation danger, but unless we improve dramatically defensively I think mid table mediocrity is our limit.

Previous thread: Website Outage by SteveHFC7/9/2013 22:35Sat Sep 7 22:35:30 2013view thread