ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on forum.hendonfc.net

Return to front page

Newest article: Part 2: The Manager by John RogersToday 15:00Today at 15:00:05view thread

Oldest article: Awards Night by HendonJohn5/5/2013 19:04Sun May 5 19:04:40 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Thank goodness for: by Claremont Man27/8/2013 12:48Tue Aug 27 12:48:17 2013view thread

If we can lose the silly mistakes....

By SteveHFC (legacy user)24/8/2013 20:37Sat Aug 24 20:37:11 2013

Views: 3839

... we'll start winning again.

For me, bearing in mind I wasn't at Leiston, that was the best performance of the season.

Their goals came from sloppy defending for the first, and from giving away a free kick just outside our box (superbly converted right into the top corner) and a late penalty.

That aside, I thought we played more than well enough to take away all three points but it wasn't to be.

Plenty of positives - Jefferson, Junior & Billy linked up well up front, and to me we looked far more solid at the back with the Fisher/Flegg partnership restored.

Man of the match for me though was Dave Diedhiou - not just for his goals but for his workrate and the number of times he broke things up in midfield.

Need to put today behind us and look ahead to Monday afternoon.

For those who didn't hear - Casey is out for 4-6 weeks with a groin strain. Lee Angol missed out today as he has a niggle but he should be ok for Monday. Also, if you haven't heard or seen the website, Duberry has gone - things just hadn't worked out has Gary had hoped.

Greensnet - The Official Hendon FC Website
Hendon FC Supporters Trust Official Website

reply to this article | return to the front page

Enfield away

By Malc (legacy user)24/8/2013 22:27Sat Aug 24 22:27:50 2013In response to If we can lose the silly mistakes....Top of thread

Views: 3366

Another defeat but a good performance. Nice ground at Enfield, the pitch took the rain well. Enjoyed the day. However, apart from the result 2 things to moan about, the burgers are a bit iffy, and the ref, WTF?

Re: Enfield away

By Paul Butler (legacy user)24/8/2013 23:58Sat Aug 24 23:58:09 2013In response to Enfield awayTop of thread

Views: 3368

Best performance of the season? No chance. OK I see you exclude Leiston in that, but we were far better at Leiston and far better at Thamesmead than we were today, against clearly the worst opposition I've seen this season, a team that couldn't even defend a corner, yet we still lost. Enfield will be bottom six on that showing, as will we if we keep taking zero points from games we are level in or on top of. Yes, the referee didn't help, but we should be used to that by now.

EDIT - I also see that Leiston lost 4-0 at home, as did Monday's opponents Wingate. Getting into "must win" territory now, got a feeling that Enfield today will turn out a bit of a six pointer.

Smoke and Mirrors?

By rwakeley (legacy user)25/8/2013 01:30Sun Aug 25 01:30:33 2013In response to Re: Enfield awayTop of thread

Views: 3420

E's fans on the way home felt they were somewhat fortunate to get the points. I have a few reservations.
For me personally that was literally the most frustrating ninety minutes of football I have seen - that is more evolutionary rather than a direct criticism.
I think today was a rock-solid statement of where we are right now. I don't think that is remotely misleading.
I thought on the day it would come down to the forwards and it did. Adam Wallace won!
I'm in the minority. I thought, despite being one down in the first half, we bossed possession and should have pushed on for the kill. I thought we lost midfield grip in the second half. A performance by the new lad of whom seemed to replicate this.
This still is not a total criticism, because despite my utter frustration, I mainstain the best is yet to come.
Today, I'm frustrated beyond all equilibrium, but beyond the Kirby flick-ons and the Wallace threat aside, I still maintain we are a better team. And that's what I find really annoying.
Be patient, It's only August, I think we have yet to establish our real line-up and we are markedly under-performing. There is a very clear underlying semblance of a positive dynamic.
Now got out there and prove your-selves!

rwakeley

Re: Smoke and Mirrors?

By essex don (legacy user)25/8/2013 10:46Sun Aug 25 10:46:17 2013In response to Smoke and Mirrors?Top of thread

Views: 3345

wasn't there as I went to Bolton,read about iffy referee anyone care to explain his performance and to voice an opinion on the last min pen.i agree that we don't seem to know our best eleven.dont think duberry was a great choice when we have flegg and fisher and to be slightly controversial not too sure about Louis either,thought when we signed him he would score a hatful at this level however seems his pace has gone along with speed of thought I genuinely hope I am wrong,on to Monday sure we can beat wingate.

Previous thread: eProgrammes by John Rice22/8/2013 14:09Thu Aug 22 14:09:21 2013view thread