ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on forum.hendonfc.net

Return to front page

Newest article: Get to know the Manager and his team. by Don of Caddington4/12 13:14Wed Dec 4 13:14:53 2019view thread

Oldest article: Awards Night by HendonJohn5/5/2013 19:04Sun May 5 19:04:40 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Brought back down to earth.... by SteveHFC12/8/2013 23:47Mon Aug 12 23:47:53 2013view thread

4-0

By mello (legacy user)10/8/2013 17:18Sat Aug 10 17:18:29 2013

Views: 3967

What a way to start the new season, to top it all off we see ourselves top of the tree after one game, if only this was the last game of the season......still here`s hoping.
4 different goal scorers to boot, does it get any better??

reply to this article | return to the front page

Fab Result

By Dorset Don (legacy user)10/8/2013 18:27Sat Aug 10 18:27:26 2013In response to 4-0Top of thread

Views: 3604

What a great start for the boys! And to those of you who got on the Dons at 41.....a double celebration for you!!

Fantastic Start

By John Rice (legacy user)10/8/2013 19:23Sat Aug 10 19:23:03 2013In response to Fab ResultTop of thread

Views: 3607

Say we are top of the league!
say we are top of the league!

Re: Fantastic Start

By ChrisHFC (legacy user)10/8/2013 20:57Sat Aug 10 20:57:17 2013In response to Fantastic StartTop of thread

Views: 3619

Superb strike from Casey to set us on the way - the chances are that he'll never hit as sweet a shot again - and what a way to celebrate his 200th appearance!

We also achieved something we didn't manage at all last season - we scored more than three goals. Last occasion we did so was the last match of 2011-12 when we won 7-1 at Aveley.

By Paul Butler (legacy user)10/8/2013 23:09Sat Aug 10 23:09:50 2013In response to Re: Fantastic StartTop of thread

Views: 3678

Great goal from Casey, and after a nervy start to the second half, Jefferson's header from a superb Anthony Thomas cross made it safe, then we put a bit of gloss on the scoreline with two more goals, 4-0 maybe a bit harsh on the hosts, but who cares?? Happy days!!

By SteveHFC (legacy user)10/8/2013 23:51Sat Aug 10 23:51:04 2013In response to Re: Fantastic StartTop of thread

Views: 3673

Thamesmead don't appear to have taken defeat too well (check their twitter feed) but you have to take your chances if you want to win games - and that is exactly what we did.

We were well worth the three points - and whether or not 4-0 was harsh on Thamesmead or not - its a while since we've killed a team off like we did in the last few minutes. We've already scored 4 goals more times this season than we did last!

Casey's goal was a blinder - up there with Crackers goal at Aldershot, the crosses from Anthony Thomas for the 2nd and 4th were superb, and he took his goal well after Duberry had done well to get the ball back into the mix.

Now we need to back that up with another performance and win on Monday against Dulwich - who had an excellent win over Lowestoft. Looking forward to it.

Greensnet - The Official Hendon FC Website
Hendon FC Supporters Trust Official Website

Casey Mac...

By rwakeley (legacy user)11/8/2013 02:03Sun Aug 11 02:03:23 2013In response to Re: Fantastic StartTop of thread

Views: 3552

In the five years I have been present at games, it seems appropriate that today was, from a personal perspective, one of the most proficient ninety minutes of Casey's performances for the club. It's not only fitting, but an under-lying recognition of his development.
It's apparent that milestones have been breached and sentiment is understandably raised in accordance with such events.
On a personal footnote - and periodically due to lapses of concentration, I may wish to disembowel, the fore-mentioned recipient, (Lewes at home last season spring's to mind), I can't help falling back to the under-lying notion that this guy is actually not a million miles away from my own mind-set.
The lad grafts. In fact as demonstrated today, he works his little green socks off for the cause.
He's has honest as the day is long. What you see is what you get.
Respect.

rwakeley

Fantastic start

By rwakeley (legacy user)11/8/2013 02:20Sun Aug 11 02:20:42 2013In response to Casey Mac...Top of thread

Views: 3697

I must confess I did raise an eyebrow at our selection as we may have been percieved as solely targeting the the lone front-man. Beyond that, also one or two other selection's raised pre-match debate.
Dave B, in last week's write-up used the word 'interesting'. I can relate to that - but I honestly did not envisage this week's starting eleven.
I think it's testimony to our depth that we can draw on such options. Interesting opposition in the next week. I think there's a bigger picture beyond that. Lee and Casey today - exemplorary stuff.
Interesting indeed.

rwakeley

Previous thread: Michael Duberry by John Rice9/8/2013 20:50Fri Aug 9 20:50:21 2013view thread