Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Re: The Future "

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Re: The Future

By Jake HendonLoyal4/2/2023 19:03Sat Feb 4 19:03:40 2023In response to Re: The Future

Views: 12368

To expand on the volunteer idea
Keep in mind stewarding and SIA licences are popular job options, linking up with local SIA or steward agencies looking to train new staff is a good idea to save costs maybe also advertising with the local jobcentre for people looking for work experience to add to volunteers not just as stewards, club shop for sales experience, turnstiles for cash handling etc, similar to in years gone by the connection with a local uni and their media students which led to recorded games again after several years gap
As for adding it to their CV we have at least 2 fans that I know of who can give tips to professional CV updating as part of that discussion.

Some of the ideas mentioned cost money which is the crux of the clubs central issue. I won't pretend to have an answer, nor a suggestion thay hasn't been posted.
I might be in the minority that thinks an alternative ownership model has its merits because the club can't carry on relying on the gate even if we do increase and also I'd say having extra connections in business can't hurt but I do share the fears some have about the fans losing control again. Especially those, unlike myself, who are still regular attendees.

Last thing. We won't all agree on the right way to move forward 100%, or the right way to promote the club to more fans or what will attract and retain them, or the volunteers &etc. All it takes is a solid common ground. We already have one thing which is the club celebrating 200 years, preferably at SJP and with our decendants and many others in the stands to do so (also we will win the champions league thay year)