Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Re: The Future "

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Re: The Future

By NA12313/12/2022 08:32Tue Dec 13 08:32:52 2022In response to Re: The Future

Views: 12627

This thread is an interesting read and as a recent Trust Board Member and a Director of HFC (2008) Ltd, I will weigh in with my thoughts.

For me the measure of a football club is the success of the first team.  The first team is at the hub of the wheel, the other activities and operations are the spokes  which add and contribute to the overall Club.

To achieve a good team, it is necessary to provide the manager with a competitive playing budget, in the case of Hendon this means bringing-in additional money.

But how is this to be achieved, whilst being sustainable and maintaining financial stability? 

1.  Commercial work.  Every avenue has to be explored, advertising, sponsorship, sales, naming rights.  Corporate and individual.

2.  Ownership.  The beneficial owners, the members of the Trust, have to step up to the plate.  A substantial increase on the cost of a Trust membership is required including the possibility of different levels of membership, with additional benefits for those who are able to pay more.  See other supporter owned clubs. 

3.  Investment.  Outside investment is essential and the opportunity has to be made attractive to new Directors who are prepared to put their hand in their pocket. Unpalatable as it may be to some, this will almost certainly need the Trust to relinquish a reasonable part of their ownership to external shareholders.  There are several models that could be adopted, the key thing is to enable the opportunity to bring-in new money.

4.  Supporters.  Every person who puts their money on the turnstile is important and should be valued.  An increase in paying support needs be a major target including some cultural change, everyone needs to row in the same direction.  Promote the club at every opportunity, pre-match, post-match, instigate a unique DNA and branding, a tribal togetherness that is on every street corner in Brent.  Build a successful team playing winning football at the top of the division with a great matchday experience and they will come.

And invest every penny and every pound that is available into the team!

In all the discussions that I was involved with - and there were many over the period - no viable alternatives to the above were put forward. I expect the new business plan to change that position.

I want to see Hendon making a challenge for the National League South in the foreseeable future with the increased profile and benefits that would bring.  I shall follow with interest.