Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Re: The Future "

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Re: The Future

By StAlbansDon7/12/2022 19:45Wed Dec 7 19:45:12 2022In response to Re: The Future

Views: 12648

Hi Phil

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

The Neville family are part of the HFC fabric and I appreciate our friendship.

The statement is not about Simon or his contribution in keeping HFC in existence. He is one of a small number that has made a significant effort that allows HFC to play today and this should be applauded. Simon and I have different management styles and see future ownership models in completely separate ways. What you can?t argue is that we both want the best for the club.

The message is about endorsing Cyrus and the huge task ahead. Taking on the challenge of not just maintaining the existence but using SJP as a springboard in going forward. Since being at SJP the club has not fully utilised all the initiatives that SJP has started. Following extensive conversations it is both the aim of the Trust board and SJP to exploit all opportunities to make the club viable and sustainable.

SJP do not have a representative on the board at HFC and We don?t see a need. HFC wants its autonomy and SJP want theirs but it is in both best interests to work together.

It is our intention to have HFC at SJP for generations to come but the alternative ownership had serious issues with our ethos and we were not prepared to fund others than the HFC fans.

SJP started the youth section, the community projects and the engagement with local residents. Cyrus you ants this to be part of the HFC future and I welcome this. Our relationship with the council and local councillors along with residents is key to the future. HFC lost Claremont Rd and we can?t let this happen again.

Whilst I am a co owner of SJP and just a custodian of HFC and it so my duty to look after a great asset. It?s not about egos or individuals it?s about HFC. In time I will move on when the time is right but hopefully HFC will be playing at SJP long after.

I hope this helps with the future.