Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Re: Projected league for 2022-23"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Re: Projected league for 2022-23

By rwakeley6/5/2022 13:59Fri May 6 13:59:50 2022In response to Re: Projected league for 2022-23

Views: 13432

"As above, so below" FWIW, I agree with John Rogers over on Fans FB that in all likelihood nothing much will change. I'm probably the only one on here, advocating, purely from a footballing perspective, the merits of staying put. I believe, if and when we challenge, it toughens us up, in terms of preparedness for the next level. The Ryman, for me is starting to resemble the likes of Midlands football in the 80s. Squeezed out by the North and South, a bit bland and predictable. The expansion of the Connie South from next season, to me, looks like a failed concept. More games, a year of bad weather could create chaos. I don't believe any dilution through the means of expansion results in enhanced quality.
As for the Southen. The non-inclusion of the likes of Worthing and Bognor only undermines our own standards, leaving a greater concentration of games against the likes of sides, one would normally associate with earlier qualifying rounds of the FA Cup. I think the expansion of the league above is a key issue.
As for Cheshunt. Off the top of my head, I typed on here years ago how only once in approx, 50 combined amalgamated attempts of play-offs throughout the Ryman divisions had seen a side finishing 5th had obtained promotion. For me. maintaining a natural balance is significant as its alternative tends to drive the gaps in the longer run, farther apart.
I understand the argument for play-offs but with the expansion of the Conference South, I am feeling uneasy that the demands on clubs, in all divisions, maybe actually become more burdensome.