Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "WSM"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

WSM

By rwakeley26/3/2022 17:24Sat Mar 26 17:24:11 2022

Views: 11879

Not sure if today was one of those occasions when a more pragmatic view may come to the fore - or just go with the seemingly inevitable flow of thoughts. I've never been there - so whatever I type may be perception. Talking of which, I get the impression a day out at WSM is akin to a day, back in the day, visiting Canvey Island. Purely in a footballing sense, it's expansive, and Canvey always used to exhibit a direct approach. The loss of Liam, and Hamza over the course of the past couple of games, the loss of Luca last week prior to kick off.... Lee, to be fair has had and continues to have it tough. My thoughts on the day, mentality, and a contrast in the team's fortunes come to mind. Moreover, with next season in what will be soon upon us, a day for the management to ponder on individuals, today the old guard for me coming uppermost in my mind, and of whom is retained. This is a bad day - that is at face value all it is. It is for me an indication of how much some have steaked a claim for next season. In that respect, it could answer a few questions and solve a few with regards to positions vacant. In a perverse way, I see today, at least in the bigger picture in a positive light.
I recall us years ago getting tanked eight at Lowestoft, then bouncing back with a win. That was the very definition of a bad day. We had a decent side that the next year was near the top. It is apparent with this crew that some reconstruction in style/personnel is required. There is undeniable talent. Interesting and important time.

• Collapse threadWSM by rwakeley26/3/2022 17:24Sat Mar 26 17:24:11 2022view thread
  • Re: WSM by Dessie27/3/2022 18:03Sun Mar 27 18:03:57 2022