Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Sailsbury"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Sailsbury

By rwakeley26/2/2022 23:49Sat Feb 26 23:49:28 2022

Views: 6542

Where the hell does one begin? Without being horrible, I personally advocate Salisbury are mediocre. Today, I thought Hendon epitomized all their shortcomings, wrapped them in a bundle and presented them to the opposition with their heads bowed. Here, have 3 points. We played right into their hands. We played a protracted game of head tennis with them. Claridge must be having a right laugh. I don't blame him.
Yet another headed, unchallenged goal conceded from right in front of goal.
I will cut us some slack with regards to missing personnel. I've lost patience with our propensity for giving soft goals away. I would imagine Lee is apoplectic. I can't take any more goals like that. Recent home games, Swindon, Poole, Gosport and today all the same characteristics. Starting moves from the left-back down our flanks - no protection as we have no width. Centrally, I think in essence we actually look robust. Liam up top looked frustrated as hell. We need to change things around. Eren springs to life at around 4.20pm. A few home truths required. We are being undone by sides with limited skilsets and to my annoyance, despite contribution factors, a lot of this boils down to our own making.
I would almost go as far as saying this year to date the only games we have won is where the opposition have not carried an ariel threat. On the plus side, going into next season, Lee is going to be in far better shape to determine what needs to be done. We have a lot of quaility and a significant amount of individual improvement has been made.
I do still personally maintain we need to define our identity at home, beyond that of just going hell for leather.
I think this comes down to far more than kicking a few backsides. Reality hit home hard today.
Testing times. But necessary.

• Collapse threadSailsbury by rwakeley26/2/2022 23:49Sat Feb 26 23:49:28 2022view thread