Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Poole! It's been a BIG week!"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Poole! It's been a BIG week!

By rwakeley23/1/2022 11:19Sun Jan 23 11:19:53 2022In response to Moving forward...

Views: 14810

Compare and contrast with last Saturday. Similar styles of oppo, albeit Truro down the flanks, Poole more through the middle. I thought Dickson, (again), the standout for them. I would like to have seen their talisman up top, just from a defensive standpoint.
The clear MoM for me our lad Burbidge, their's reminds me in part of our former lad Toomey, - he finishes like him as well! Attempts at giggles put to one side.
Compared to last week, I think the outcome was fundamentally predicated on a more rounded defensive performance,
particularly from the lad Quba, of whom on a personal note has been questioned somewhat. I thought he dealt with the ariel stuff in his own box and indeed had a clear hand -- or more accurately, head - in contributing to our one goal. The significance of set-pieces on both sides of the equation cannot be under-estimated and genuine conviction has yet to be recognised, but I do maintain in the last week signs of it's significance and it's improvement are being addressed.
I think this aspect of our game in both boxes has been virtually non-existent of late and has cost us dear.
Looking at the cameo role of the new lad at CH shows some promise and I maintain this is the key area of finalising a solid foundation from which to really cement the side.
These subtle and significant, game-changing events had to be addressed and I believe Lee's actions in bolstering the squad will have a resounding benefit in enhancing our performances - and style of play - at SJP.
Tuesday and Swindon offer a reversion for me back to a short passing type and a different test.
Overall, I want to look back at this week as the period when the Lee Allinson project really took a step-up.
The players have consistently worked hard. I think developements could really spur us on over time. Plenty of consolidation work to be getting on with. It's clearly in situe.
For that, well done all, and in particular, in my view, beyond short-term pain, the longer-term gain looks favourable.
Excellent week for me for the Gaffer - Well done.