Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Moving forward..."

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Moving forward...

By rwakeley21/1/2022 19:20Fri Jan 21 19:20:26 2022

Views: 11870

New recruits - There's a comment over on the Fan's FB page with the view questioning as to if this is a correct way to construct a side? In his instance, my personal take is that it is absolutely the correct way to go. I think the timing is a key consideration, let alone the necessity. I don't think we have coped particularly well with the basics at the back for some time. Crosses and closing down. The first goal last week conceded. 3 lads, rooted to the spot.
With regards to the usual footballing 'money' or perceived lack of it being an inhibiting factor, I actually admire the notion of going for youth in this instance. A potential replacement in the mould of a Tommy Smith. A threat in the opponent's box as well. The notion of a couple of lads at the back dealing with the basics, capable of landing the upper hand on the likes of the quality forwards in this division. An absolute must.
I think this also brings into play the notion of our home form. A nod to Truro last week. The longer-term ramifications, the scope to change the formation.
The right fit discovered sometime soon could have long lasting positives.
The missing piece in the jigsaw, with a chance to progress and consolidate.
I think this is rock solid management.
A potential baptism of fire tomorrow awaits for chosen one!
I like this underlying intention a lot. A real positive outlook.
Go for it!