Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "My head hurts! - Part 1"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

My head hurts! - Part 1

By rwakeley2/1/2022 00:18Sun Jan 2 00:18:19 2022

Views: 1168

Not for the right reasons! I thought today went off on its own tangent. Plenty of contrasting views, during and after the event. FWIW, I thought today highlighted how hamstrung Lee is with regards to the depth of the squad. A significant part of me however, equally thought the game highlighted other factors. I thought we effectively looked a 4-2-4. Now one can play the injuries card, but one also has to play with the cards one has been dealt. Today, for me highlighted the role of Liam. Most days, I don't have a problem with it. Today, a Plan b was required, and has several fans I spoke to at halt-time at Harrow, thought in unison that Corks was the go-to man. I think today, rammed home the need to get more dynamic, particularly at home in games where we display that orientation. Frankly, KL went the same way, but had too much on the day. Our in-effectiveness down the flanks was clear for all to see.
I have recently stated my opinion on corners and set-piece quality - from both sides. I don't give a fig about there's. At Harrow ,we conceded on the back of our own corner and today, similar issues. I always maintain that these types of characteristics come to prominence when you not firing. When you are playing well these passages go your way. I think it's a good indicator. I was hoping with Sean back we could at least work the opposing keeper. This can change quickly. I do think our standards have dropped in this regard of late.