Re: FA Cup
The only time Hendon reached the third round of the F.A. Cup was in 1973-74, when we drew 1-1 at Newcastle United, and lost the replay 4-0 on Watford's Vicarage Road ground.
The only time we have played either Nottingham side in the F.A. Cup was in 1998-99, when we drew 0-0 with Notts County at Claremont Road in the first round, losing 3-0 in the replay at Meadow Lane.
In the 1960s we only played one Football League side at Claremont Road, this being Reading in the first round in 1966-67 when Reading won 3-1. We also played at Port Vale in 1964-65 in the first round, losing 2-1.
My guess is that you're thinking of the Reading match in 1966-67. An alternative possibility could be the first round match at Claremont Road against Northampton Town in 1952-53 that finished 0-0, Northampton winning the replay 2-0 on their own ground, but that may be too early for you.
If you're interested in digging further, and are happy to let me have your email address, I can supply you with a list of all 335 matches that Hendon has played in the F.A. Cup under the club's various names, going back to the initial match in 1912-13.
Alternatively I can provide you with a list of all Hendon's home matches in the F.A. Cup against Football League opposition.
Edited by ChrisHFC at 14:13:16 on 5th December 2021
- FA Cup by Clived5/12/2021 11:15Sun Dec 5 11:15:21 2021view thread
- Re: FA Cup by ChrisHFC5/12/2021 14:08Sun Dec 5 14:08:55 2021
- Re: FA Cup by Clived5/12/2021 21:48Sun Dec 5 21:48:00 2021
- Re: FA Cup by ChrisHFC7/12/2021 11:57Tue Dec 7 11:57:20 2021
- Re: FA Cup by Warwickshire Dons18/12/2021 23:08Sat Dec 18 23:08:45 2021
- Re: FA Cup by Morgs7/12/2021 18:00Tue Dec 7 18:00:46 2021
- Re: FA Cup by Morgs7/12/2021 20:03Tue Dec 7 20:03:05 2021
- Re: FA Cup by Morgs7/12/2021 19:00Tue Dec 7 19:00:04 2021
- Re: FA Cup by Paul Butler11/12/2021 01:34Sat Dec 11 01:34:48 2021
- Re: FA Cup by Morgs7/12/2021 19:55Tue Dec 7 19:55:33 2021
- Re: FA Cup by Clived7/12/2021 14:57Tue Dec 7 14:57:37 2021