Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Compelling stuff"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Compelling stuff

By rwakeley1/12/2021 19:28Wed Dec 1 19:28:03 2021In response to Met police

Views: 4360

I like this. Two young managers, evolving sides, locking horns. I think our fortunes are somewhat entwined. Watching their technique early doors reminded me of Hayes. I think the new lad for them up top is a deviation away from the Mazzone dependency and more Hayes-esque. They had 5 out, 1 suspended. This is a dual that will seemingly run for a while. Their gaffer. I think he's like our own. A real bright lad. Their corners, blocking the keeper, charging en masse, a playbook from the Jim Cooper days. One wonders how the game would have played out had White and Mazzone gone head to head. Probably not the same, let that thought fester, hence I do think the line-ups characterized the flow of play.
How we started early doors v Hayes for me, we maintained for the full duration. Arguably, the best all-round display I've seen under Lee. Quba and Corks, calm and composed. For me, a major development. The central midfield. I've bashed on, I think this has been our Achilles heel. I thought Hamza was on a different planet. His intervention. cleanly winning the ball in Erens goal indicative of an amazing performance. Supported in a quieter, but equally significant performance from Jayden. I think that was not only the difference but highlights what we've been lacking.
One potential irritant - I've noticed in the stand on my last 2 visits how many scouts are in town. Apparently, Mr Claridge was also present last Saturday.
Another shout out to the lad on loan. Thought as we may just be letting them back in the game, he came to the fore around the hour mark and wrestled back the initiative.
For me, our season effectively has just had a jump start. I think both teams are fascinating propositions.
I think those watching, whatever their motives would have gone home with plenty of thoughts and equally plenty to admire. Already looking forward to the return at Imber Court.
That for me was a step-up, an insight into what we can achieve against the best.
Onto Saturday.

• Collapse threadMet police by Paulinbushey1/12/2021 01:57Wed Dec 1 01:57:04 2021view thread
  • Compelling stuff by rwakeley1/12/2021 19:28Wed Dec 1 19:28:03 2021