Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Re: Part 3"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Re: Part 3

By rwakeley6/9/2021 20:31Mon Sep 6 20:31:00 2021In response to Part 2 - Computer problems aside!

Views: 1232

Since joining the Southern, I have had a problem with our midfield. I agree with John Rogers on the creativity front. I would add the short-passing and possession components are array. I thought the video was revealing. The lad Hamza.
Just seeing footage of he and Forbes playing in tandem was a revelation. I do think we need to look overall at how we distribute the ball and significantly aquire space. That roaming No 10 that everyone else appears to have. Some sides, Carshalton spring to mind, give and go. Triangles. I think with Joe up top we are more akin to evolving similar to the Met. Hamza, albiet early days, is the first lad I've seen for a while that is prepared to push the envelope and try and get things going. In the vid, it appeared the was under instructional guidance just to hold back. This tells a lot. I think we have had a continual reluctance to commit and knowing how to and when. I think this clearly demonstrates Lee is trying to get things in order. For me the No 10 is a maverick. I don't know if I will ever personally warm to the idea of Liam in a 10. I think it suffocates things and if we get things right from the back to up top - I think his role is almost surplus to requirement. For me, we get the best bang for our buck from him out wide. He's an utter pain in the ass for a defender to contend with - Good! Problem solved.
I think we need a bit of patience. Personally, I would not be overly concerned. Far from it. I agree with John, improvements all round. I do think with the right improvements we could become a very strong side.
I have essays on what I think with regards to Kyren. I thought he looked next generation Armatey. We're going to need a bigger forum!