Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "The way I see it - Part 1"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

The way I see it - Part 1

By rwakeley23/8/2021 12:22Mon Aug 23 12:22:07 2021

Views: 1122

I stand by my thoughts - so this morning, having a bite to eat, waiting for the cup draw - I thought I would delve in and give my take on where we are at!
I was annoyed Saturday, not because we lost, had a bad day at the office, injuries, or Saturn being in Mars - I usually choose Mercury in Retrograde! It's because, in my view, that was identical to the clash between the two, last time out, suggesting we have an underlying problem against certain sides.
I place teams in this league, somewhat patronisingly, into camps. Teams traditionally, like, Dorchester, Farnborough and Harrow, (denote the irony of current fixtures), play to mind predominately on the deck. Most of these sides, to be fair, prop up the table, and their main threat comes of a No 10, of whom drifts around links things up. Dorch, for me had lost Diaz, so going in, I was optimistic. I thought their No 10, was as fate in the stars was a given, again turned out to be the best player on the park. Farnborough have just signed Hodges. I've just watched the lad on Youtube, talking of his signing to Woking, denoting his telephone conversation with Dowse, stressing how he wanted him as a 10, capable of carrying the ball foward. There is a pattern here. Incidently, I think that is what we are crying out for - a 10 of whom can carry the ball forward and link things together. Distribution and graft are for me the staples of that demonination.