Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Re: Hayes - Part 2 amended - I type to quick!"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Re: Hayes - Part 2 amended - I type to quick!

By rwakeley18/8/2021 16:37Wed Aug 18 16:37:11 2021In response to Hayes - Part 1

Views: 4714

Whilst on Saturday last, while some of you guy's were no doubt going in search of the infamous 'Plymouth Hoe' - We have those where I live by the way,- I spent a couple of hours comparing opening day squads on a like-for-like basis.
I've waited until now due to the fact that Farnborough and Harrow are on the horizon - Wow, I was aghast at the amount of changes undertaken in teams personnel. For the record, FB and HB above were amongst the most active. Practically brand new line-ups. Notoriety shared with HW and Walton Cas.
Not surprisingly, Chesham and Truro appeared the least active and noticeably, Taunton appeared to retain most in terms of least disruption to the defensive collaboration. The Met, not surprisingly, were quite inactive.
A batch of sides, including those play-off contenders seemed to fall next in line, WSM, Poole and Salisbury come next.
I think in essence, the league table may already have a familiar feel.
I noted Lee's comments regarding Hayes and 100 goals. I think historically, the Southern League has four or five at the top and the rest traditionally lag, often by large points margins.
It's early days, but these are already important games.

Edited by rwakeley at 16:47:39 on 18th August 2021
Edited by rwakeley at 16:48:23 on 18th August 2021