Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Re: Arsenal thoughts - Part 2"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Re: Arsenal thoughts - Part 2

By rwakeley1/8/2021 10:01Sun Aug 1 10:01:17 2021In response to Arsenal thoughts - Part 1

Views: 4725

Regarding Joe. I recently touched on that as well. I should be in the dugout! Seriously, what bad timing. This is my qualm with 3 up front. All components need to be firing. Liverpool down to Hendon all have this elephant in the room to deal with. What teams have is a plethora of wide players. I agree with Lee, I believe Brooksy can slot in. Sean is looking great. I usually have a conventional problem with Liam in his role behind Joe. I think this shape contributes to our midfield quandaries. I do think this leaves us short on the counter-attack. Attacking wise, I think it can work great.
I do think this is why we see second 45s end to end. I think we maybe improving - time will tell.
Elsewhere, the lad Hamza reminds me of Daniel Uchechi, really impressed with Toby. The CH pairing is up for grabs. I presume Lee is thinking Quba for ariel stuff, Tommy equally, there's an interesting dynamic to be resolved. I like what the young lad Toby offerers. He reminds me of Lucas in his decision making. I think you need that around the box. Like Lucas he knows when to go in. Very rarely giving away free-kicks.
Our goal, and presumably, going forward without Joe for a while, reminded me of England. The one time we cut inside on Friday we scored. Our goal was England-esque. I think we are of a similar disposition. I can envisage a scenario where, ironically through adversity, we may get more freedom. We can really express ourselves.
My post match thoughts are getting longer and longer - Somebody said to me post-match how much talent the Arsenal had - my response was "so have we!"