Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "And there it is....."

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

And there it is.....

By rwakeley2/2/2021 11:36Tue Feb 2 11:36:56 2021In response to Re: NLM debate Rant part 3

Views: 1414

Just listened to the first 16mins of the club's video this morning. Really enjoyed it. Don't need to hear the rest, I will at some point. Dave Anderson - Men were men! He's right about the centre-halfs as well. I remember back in the day, they were all ugly as hell. The lad Wainwright at Wealdstone looked like he'd just walked out of a bloody Slaughter-house! They looked like extra's on The Sweeney! Seriously, I do think the best sides have those characteristics in their composition. More a case of Experience v Youth. That would invariably incoporate Quality v Quantity.
On a personal note, I love watching that Dutch 70's side under Rinus Michels for me a pre-cursor to the modern day Barcelona - Cryuff a link. Straight to the Man City boss today. A lineage dating back before to the Hungarian side of the 50's. Michels advocated finding a balance between creativity and destruction. I admire how he sounds. He's articulate and intelligent. Holland for me back then closed down like rabid dogs. For me a bit overly committal. Fundamentally, we all want to win. I want to watch a game today at the top flight and be entertained. There is no excuse for top flight players failing to delivery a quality cross. I watched Man Utd v PSG and Leipzig and my thoughts were how more composed and technically advanced they were. I think we need a revolution. Another great Ajax side. Proper European nights re-visted Spurs v Feyenoord. I do think the game needs to evaluate the direction it is going.
Thanks to Steve Lytton and the guys for their input. It's nice to hear some thoughts outside of the tunnel spats and VAR decisions. Great stuff.