Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Re: NLM debate Rant part 2"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Re: NLM debate Rant part 2

By rwakeley1/2/2021 13:46Mon Feb 1 13:46:57 2021In response to NLM debate Rant part 1

Views: 1309

I never know how much I can fit in...
Starting at the very top - International football for me is utter rubbish. My first World Cup memories were from 78 in Argentina. Just watched the goals. Far more entertaining. The talent, the names, Kempes, Rensenbrink. The Archie Gemmell goal. In fact I recall the Holland goals from that game which were equally up there. Kroll, Rep. Something for
me has gone terribly wrong. I do think the standard of the World Cups have declined. FIFA help, making tournaments even larger. It's freaking harder not to qualify! Just more mundaneness.
Shall we move onto the Champions League. Same news broadcast. Talk of a breakaway Euro elite thing. More good fun. That should basically kill off all the domestic leagues. Imagine the consequences. Jurgen the German, constantly moaning about fixtures. Well young man, you would now have to play even more mid-week matches in your super-power led future. By the way, your American owners are bang up for it - only one winner there!
There appears to me to be a constant drive, a powershift to separate those of whom are underpinned by nothing more than materialistic notions. The gaps becoming increasingly wider - this filters down to all levels as the pyramid, or more
of a trapezium in the future becomes more lop-sided. The chance of a team from Hungary, the Czech Republic or one of the Benelux countries smelling European glory is all but a pipedream. The best European games I recall were the days when everyone was thrown in the hat. The likes of Notts Forrest v Liverpool - these fans must be bored seeing the same sides year in year out.