Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Bees"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Bees

By rwakeley7/11/2020 12:08Sat Nov 7 12:08:58 2020In response to Re: Thoughts - Part 2

Views: 1669

Top post Mr B! Sat at home in solitary watching Brentford B's, remember them! 0-0 at HT away at Maidenhead. Top interviews with Lee recently by the way. His thoughts, I thought, were quite revealing. Trying to fathom out the Bees side is in itself a challenge. I liked them the LSCF night. Poked fun a tad. Then the sequel, well documented. So far today. An indication of progress. I see similarities with us - I really do..... They've moved in a direction, we have somewhat stalled. I looked at Northy and his distribution, hit and miss. Their keeper first 45, rolling the ball out to the right/left back, building from the back. They have progressed to an all-round footballing unit. Highlights from the Met, the new lad up top reminded me in physical terms of Dwade. Winning flick ons ect...
I do think this break has come as we stand at an inflextion point with regards identity. I think the gaffer has to make a choice. Do we stick as we are, taking into consideration that as to date, we have had no chance to see our full potential due to injuries or do we develop akin to the Bees.
The top sides for me, physical. like to play a high line, reminds me days at Dulwich in the autumn leaves. I think there are huge similarities in benchmarks in terms of competing with the best. Brentford for me have been a wonderful example of how to progress. The huge positive for me is that we have the personnel. I do have a problem with central midfield. The best pairing I've seen, Bally and Forbes, just once! I think we are ironically, probably at the same stage the Bees were on the first meeting. Not a bad thing at all...