Re: Thoughts - Part 2
From the appropriately named site, The stats don' lie...
I've been bashing on about this since joining the Southern. Early in this season, I know, but I do think the following says something about are overall performance on the pitch - draw your own conclusions. Alternatively, I maybe just mad! The first exit polls are in. Stats are showing up and my fave is already flashing! Early, I know, but two thirds of goals conceded have gone in in the second half. We have been consistently from day one in the top quartile, in fact very near the top, for scoring the first goal. I have a theory, that we have generally folded like a pack of cards around the hour mark. Even last night, FB most productive spell was when they hit us on the counter. The stark difference is that HW and FB lacked the quality that the likes of Truro had around the same timeframe. A bit more convincing required, but it falling into place.
Last season, of all our goals conceded we let in more in the 2nd half. A staggering 84% of the goals we let in at SJP came in the second 45. Getting hit as the game gotten stretched.
I do think however that these stats, that have been solid for over 2 years could be about to turn. It will take time to show up. The other contrast is the first goal. When under James, we would often score first and lose 1-3 and the likes. That opening spell for me last night was extremely relevant. Gary's 2nd play off side had notorious bursts of inflicting damage, quickly capitalising on one goal after the other. I don't think it is too early to suggest we maybe starting to witness some similar traits taking hold. Here's hoping!
- Thoughts - Part 1 by rwakeley28/10/2020 21:22Wed Oct 28 21:22:55 2020view thread
- Re: Thoughts - Part 2 by rwakeley28/10/2020 21:55Wed Oct 28 21:55:19 2020
- Re: Thoughts - Part 2 by David B29/10/2020 20:50Thu Oct 29 20:50:15 2020
- Bees by rwakeley7/11/2020 12:08Sat Nov 7 12:08:58 2020
- Getting Stoned! by rwakeley21/11/2020 20:36Sat Nov 21 20:36:48 2020
- Re: Getting Stoned! by David B21/11/2020 21:06Sat Nov 21 21:06:58 2020