Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "The Bees Knees - First up Brentford"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

The Bees Knees - First up Brentford

By rwakeley21/10/2020 16:13Wed Oct 21 16:13:43 2020

Views: 5962

Wow! Where to begin? I nearly never went - my poor bank account. Again Wow! I'm glad I did! I made a reference under James. Over at Youtube a montage of the flair of the French Rugby Union tries from the 70s and 80s. I sat there last night thinking that might just be the closest comparison you could envisage. 5mins in. Joe Adams, the chief protagonist for me in the LSCF. What can you say? Going into the final, I looked at their goals. They don't score tap ins. He reminds me of the lad Gary has in the middle over at Hampton. I could happily watch that all day. Ironically, after his goal, I thought he went a tad of the boil. His muckers then got in on the act. There was for me the French flair about them, a delight! Only without the self-destruct tendancies and the arrogance!
The second 45. I was actually, more impressed with them. Even more emblematic of the French. Playing out from inside there own bloody box! That try vs NZ from the "end of the world". The lad coming on at the back 3 only had 2 types of pass in him. Probing down the flanks. I really hoped somebody has filmed that - every fan should sit down with a cuppa and watch it. My mind is blown, got to post something about us yet - That was really was worth the effort and I would go as far as saying it was actually a privilege to sit there and watch it. It really was enjoyable to see the lads getting beat 6-0 at half time!!!