Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Re: I do like my stats! - Goals!"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Re: I do like my stats! - Goals!

By rwakeley10/3/2020 21:40Tue Mar 10 21:40:43 2020In response to I do like my stats!

Views: 32079

Number-crunched some goal-time stuff. One absolute insane figure - This seasons league games at home, we have only conceded 4 goals in the first half! The not-so-good news, second 45, we've shipped 21. I think, most divisions would denote more goals in the second half, but not to that extreme.
This is further compounded by comparison with last seasons fortunes. End of season goals tally, obviously completely different, but yet again, exactly the same percentage, 68%, of goals conceded second half.
Another amazingly skewed stat. We rarely trail at the break. Incredibly, in 73 league games over the past 18 months, home and away combined we have only trailed at half time on a mere 15 occasions. I was expecting far worse! We've won a third.
During the Jan/Feb 2020 run, I do think we began to re-draft the trends with regards to upping the anti a tad in terms of dominance in the first 45. Getting that all important second goal. I've broken down the goals into 15min segments. My personal take, and it has been for a very long time - we need to be defensively in command second 45. Pretty sure we'll get there. One thing is for certain - We replicate our performances in the second halves as the first and next season, we will win the league by Christmas!