Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Truro"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Truro

By rwakeley29/2/2020 23:12Sat Feb 29 23:12:08 2020

Views: 1940

Overriding considerations (excl ref's. mistakes & weather) for me was the impression I had that the whole affair was a tad subdued. Tactically, they for me were not exactly what I envisaged. First, I thought we matched them wholesale. The Boycott analogy, the midfield corridor of uncertainty - we matched them. Kudos, to Lee and staff for that acknowledgment. The way they took hold of the second half, through central midfield remined me of a Billericay or a League U-23 outfit. I thought the whole thing smacked of a stalemate. Top sides find a way. Billers probed down the flank. Weymouth 2nd 45, high line distribution. Benchmark and all that. Annoying for me, strong-point for them, delivery in the box. Crying out loud, the number of corners 2nd 45. I don't think the scoreline necessarily flattered them. Hit the bar twice, totally in command in the middle. Quicker, more nimble, more direct. Very Billericay. Took the ball off us with ease.
The lad Howe for impressed. Best I've seen from Solomon. Tough conditions for the lad. Again, these games, evolution, an identity. Nos 4 & 8 pivitol in our composition - one carted off, one position, the key question for me today. I don't advocate therefore we were anywhere near our 'A' game. I thought we missed a Corks or Big Dave kind of lad. Someone to distribute and help us advance. We tried to play through the middle against other top sides and fell short. That word 'identity' re-surfaces on days like today in my mind.
A tad unfair some may feel, I do believe that's the difference. Hence-forth these top sides have more options and a settled variety at their disposal. Grappling with the concept of containment more than that of exerting our own dominance. Style-wise is the thought against top sides. How we stand-up in terms of what we have to offer.
We all have our own thoughts on that one. Personally, I am getting quite repetitive. New broom and all that. All these top sides have undergone development stages. We're no different. Cracking set of lads. The foundation is in. I would imagine Lee has garnered a lot of personal thoughts with regards to implementing his own blueprint.
If that's the case, then I'm happy. Onto Wednesday - another interesting encounter.