Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "The weather"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

The weather

By rwakeley24/2/2020 20:07Mon Feb 24 20:07:41 2020

Views: 1661

Firstly, personally delighted the game has been called off and notification received a day early. I've lost the cost of a hotel in this instance - could have been a lot worse! I think consideration has to be given to this notion a little bit more. I know this could be just as subjective, but I would best guess that the overriding number of fixtures subjected to a morning pitch inspection, particularly in pretty severe conditions, is almost a given.
I had heard on the grapevine that league games have to be by stipulation have to be subjected to an inspection on the day. I don't know if that is true - perhaps someone could clarify? Surely consideration to an element of flexibility would prevent several wasted journey's. Open to just the same amount of subjectivity. It's why I'm also an advocate of smaller not larger league sizes. Without anything out the ordinary, the average campaign finds itself with a build-up of fixtures. Onto Saturday...
Reminds me of Weymouth at home last season. Comparisons all over the place. The lad Harvey - Goodship. Physically and role wise, more akin perhaps to the likes of a Jack Midson. Leading goalscorer. I wasn't aware until moments ago, that he has missed a chunk of games. Likewise with the lad Swan at 11 - reminds me a bit of Baker. Distribution out the back - reminds of Zubar. The pacey lad at 7 charging down the flank. Dealing with crosses. Interesting to see how they shape up. Interesting to see how we do as well!