Please note: this site will be unavailable between 4.30pm and 5.30pm on Wednesday 17 April due to routine maintenance

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Thoughts "

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Thoughts

By rwakeley14/2/2020 11:06Fri Feb 14 11:06:21 2020

Views: 6990

Random nonsense to start the day. Where I believe things stand. I maintain the entire league is still trying to find it's feet. This season's stats for me are compelling, despite a season of two halves being played out.
27 games played, we've scored first in 17. Only Truro better that key pre-requisite. We tend to score around the half hour mark, as with the Yate game. I thought that game typified us. A lot of useful work, not coming off, then something sparked. In that case the lad Brooks drifting inwards.
Hayes, mirror us. Don't score first 45, then prone to hit several second 45. They have scored twice in the second 45 in 10 out of 14 away games. We tend to concede our first goal early second half and are vulnerable around the hour mark. I still maintain these positive and negative traits are still quite evident.
One thing to note. That blasted FA Cup tie back in October. The starting XI's. Only Luke remains in our squad. Hayes likewise. Their starting XI last Saturday comprised none of that starting XI back in October.
Tivvie and Poole fascinated me in the way their squads were transformed and fortunes upgraded. Hendon fit that profile as do Hayes. The Met side was made up mostly unknowns.
I don't know what conclusions to make with regards to the league. Somewhere between desperation and a renaissance. Personally, I'm looking for things away from the norms for guiding light.
Should be an interesting game.
Everyone's trying desperately to come to terms with life in this division.

• Collapse threadThoughts by rwakeley14/2/2020 11:06Fri Feb 14 11:06:21 2020view thread