Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Thoughts"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Thoughts

By rwakeley14/12/2019 15:59Sat Dec 14 15:59:34 2019

Views: 1733

Something struck me about last week, so this week, having time to kill, thought I would go all in.
Everyone was hugely complimentary of the lads post Merthyr, I have an issue carried over since joining the Southern and last week brought the issue to the fore-front again. Performance wise, no problem, thought first half we carried a threat down the left, thought they played with a very high line early doors and has their away record is average at best it answers a lot from their perspective. Personally, I thought they were all-round more efficient last season. Key difference for me - A 2 goal lead. Last season, I bashed on about the significance of the first goal. The stand-out stats in this league for me. I wanted a look to date this season.
187 league games this season, (excl 0-0's). An incredible 122 games of these, the team scoring first has gone onto win. Hendon from day one are the one's outside the Venn Diagram. Even recently, Hayes away, B&F away, Tivvie, games we've been in front in - resulted in losing points. Last season, we lost numerous games 1-3, (never a flattering scoreline in my head), having taken the lead. Last Saturday, was pivotal for me in as we got that 2 goal cushion. I'm hoping as we are starting to see more positive passages of play we can really start to impose some genuine dominance over these sides.