Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Re: Request for help from historians / stattos - other matches at Claremont Road"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Re: Request for help from historians / stattos - other matches at Claremont Road

By ChrisHFC30/10/2019 14:14Wed Oct 30 14:14:48 2019In response to Request for help from historians / stattos - other matches at Claremont Road

Views: 7583

Hi Paul,

Hope you and the family are well.

If you have a copy of Hendon's Centenary History, the first match is easy to trace. Right at the start of the book there is a Foreword by Rod Haider, then an Introduction by David Bedford, then a piece on Playing at Claremont Road by Ian Lush. The piece by Ian describes his playing in the Cannon Cinemas v Jewish Chronicle game in November 1991. It doesn't go into a great deal of detail, but it might jog a few memories for you. Ian is the brother of Peter Lush, one of the authors of the Centenary History.

I've also seen a mention of Romford playing a home match at Claremont Road somewhere very recently. I'll see if I can track it down, It occurred at the end of a season when Romford's ground was closed for some reason not specified in the bit I saw.