Be careful what you wish for.....Part 1
I appeared to join the Fans Facebook Group at an interesting time! Objectively, we all know we are not in a good place on the field. I do think there is a over-reaction and a lot of external factors to be taken into consideration. I have seen this story unfold before and will amuse you all with it in the message below - it does go on a bit, so I will break off at some point. Firstly, and I hate to type this but I do feel, for reasons unknown, and some which may well go beyond matters on field, some do appear to have an agenda to oust James. As to weather that masquerades anything else off the field of play, I don't know. I hope your all sitting comfortably...
As many of you will know, I live in the hell-hole of Telford in Shropshire and followed them avidly in the club's most successful period under the stewardship of one Mr Stan Storton esq. Manager for about 13 years, (off the top of my head), similar to Gary. Having recently won the FAT, (3rd final, a regular in the 3rd round of the FAC and a 5th round tie at Everton), he quit out the blue and retired into the sunset. The league record had been pretty mundane to say the least in comparison and sides from lower leagues had often by-passed them into the Football League.
I've read comments with regards to Gary coming back, past players and the likes and smiled. Both managers had performed minor miracles, often probably at times given a tough ride. But in both cases, their time had ran its course and it was time to move on. Things got really interesting when he quit - and this is where Hendon come in!
- Be careful what you wish for.....Part 1 by rwakeley28/10/2019 22:02Mon Oct 28 22:02:22 2019view thread
- Re: Be careful what you wish for.....Part 2 by rwakeley28/10/2019 22:24Mon Oct 28 22:24:30 2019
- Re: Be careful what you wish for.....Part 2 by Hendon5929/10/2019 07:38Tue Oct 29 07:38:10 2019
- Re: Be careful what you wish for.....Part 2 by John Rogers29/10/2019 07:57Tue Oct 29 07:57:31 2019
- Re: Be careful what you wish for.....Part 2 by rwakeley29/10/2019 09:13Tue Oct 29 09:13:44 2019