Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Re: Part 2: The Manager"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Re: Part 2: The Manager

By rwakeley22/10/2019 00:39Tue Oct 22 00:39:54 2019In response to Part 2: The Manager

Views: 7863

I don't do Facebook, but I have recently discovered the Hendon Fans Page. Some great stuff. One of Phil Rogers posts the most sensible post I've ever read. As emotions are riding high. Why not join the party?
My take:- I go back to FAC Hayes. Sitting there thinking to myself. Even if we win, this needs ripping up. The defending in my view, similar to that served up by Staines last season. Three weeks later, James has gone in and torn the defence to shreds. I say good on him. I think the lad is currently addressing a lot of long-standing issues. Some may advocate he should have done this quicker - Objectively, I don't think the lad could have done more in the timeframe. Significantly, I think the lad is also addressing wide midfield - the right and left back positions, long-standing deficiencies. With the lads eventually coming back from the sick-bay I do believe the actions undertaken have all been correct. Has to how such wholesale changes pan out individually and collectively remain to be seen - but no-one could have done more. Some of the recent transfers, in what clearly was going to be period of churn or more likely immense upheaval, look intriguing. If not, I'm sure James won't stand on ceremony. Hayes, FA Cup. may have been the catalyst to instigate driving things forward. Personally, I maintain player wise, he has had a challenge akin to scaling Everest. This is and remains a massive construction job. Crazily, I would compare us to Manchester United on that one. Hopefully, underlying progress is being initiated. My only critique of the lad, which maybe somewhat harsh given his back-drop is the lack of apparent style of play. My hope is that as players come back and hopefully the newer recruits are incorporated into the mix a genuine semblance of normalcy and identity can take hold. This ain't a quick fix - but we maybe heading at last in the right direction. Questions will surround the new recruits but we have to work through this. We undeniably have some reasonable players. James is working to identify and improve things. The lad deserves our support right now.