A few things struck me;
We only seemed to discover a real sense of on-field leadership, when Scott McGleish came on for his cameo. I would seriously consider starting him in the home game v Walton (can't see him being able to play Truro and then again on Tue). With all these young players, we need some nous, if even just for an hour.
Individually our defenders did some good things but collectively their shape often looked skewed. A lot of hard work needs to be done on defending as a back four...especially as we have two new players in there.
Our midfield didn't seem to function as a unit and there were some pretty big gaps for Hayes to pass through. In the two Hayes games, it's been far too easy for the opposition to work the ball into central positions and take easy shots. In fairness, it's probably not just the midfield.....the whole team would benefit from being more compact and less open. Maybe a simple 4-4-1-1, with McGleish playing behind Amartey and Valentine to replace McGleish in the 2nd half.
Our superb forward, Amartey, cannot be expected to score 3 or 4 in games like this. He's scored 4 in two away games at Hayes and it still hasn't been enough for us to get a draw. Keep some clean sheets and he's bound to get us a few winners (like he did at Walton). We need to make the most him while we've got him because I'd be amazed (and very pleased) if Slough let him stay for another month after this spell.
The boys need to keep their heads up. It's one thing looking the part when things are going well (EG the 1st half) but real players still look good and up for it even when they go behind.
- Part 1: Last Night and Players by John Rogers16/10/2019 14:59Wed Oct 16 14:59:10 2019view thread
- Hayes by Deadman17/10/2019 13:57Thu Oct 17 13:57:33 2019
- Re: Part 1: Last Night and Players by rwakeley16/10/2019 17:54Wed Oct 16 17:54:41 2019
- Re: Part 1: Last Night and Players by Dessie25/10/2019 17:49Fri Oct 25 17:49:17 2019
- Re: Part 1: Last Night and Players by Weston Don16/10/2019 21:11Wed Oct 16 21:11:45 2019
- Re: Part 1: Last Night and Players by rwakeley16/10/2019 18:13Wed Oct 16 18:13:02 2019